Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner January 26 - February 1, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner January 26 - February 1, 2015

Happy Monday! Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. If you are in the path of the storm, please stay home and be safe.... and check in when you can.

Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

As Phil used to say on Hill St. Blues... Be careful out there.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Like so many of you,I'll also be dealing with this lovely blizzard named Juno as I live 25 miles NW of NYC. I pray that everyone gets through this safe and sound and doesn't have any power outages!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

My heart goes out to the countless homeless animals who will have no safe haven to protect them from the onslaught.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Wishing all of you PCCers a pleasant day today (in spite of the blizzard!) and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness and good health.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Good Morning! I hope everyone is safe and trying to stay warm! Blessings to all and hugs to all 4-legged kids!
Esteemed Contributor

Cool Not as bad a storm as was first predicted. But, it is still windy and the snow is still falling lightly here in central NJ. The plows came around a few times to of course back the snow we shoveled into our driveway again. I felt bad for the deer that came into our yards this morning all huddled together. Well, Steven is going to get to use his new toy [snow blower] this afternoon [that should be interesting] We shoveled a path for the dogs this morning. but, our Yorkie got stuck in the snow he just could not move. The other larger dogs watched while Steven and I picked him up and put him on a shoveled snow bank so he can do his business. Which he did quite nicely thank you very much. Hoping that everyone fared okay. Even in the areas they said would be "historic" I was watching the news and they said this was far less "historic" then first thought. I thought that was a funny way to put it to begin with. Major or bad would have been a better choice of words. On social media they were saying some nasty things about the weather people because the storm was not "historic" enough for them and that the weather people overreacted. Well they got the snow part right. Take care everyone and there fur kids. [Libby says everyone should go out and make a snowman or a snow angel and they will not be so mad at the snow. I agree with her.]{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday to my PCC friends and furbabies!

I am hoping this finds everyone safe. Matty...Libby is absolutely right!! People should not be mad at the snow! Your daughter is very wise!Smile

I had my MRI done yesterday. Yikes! I am so used to CT scans. That was scary! Anyway, I found out why I was able to recover more quickly when he operated on the right kidney. IT DIDN'T TAKE!! I have to have another, more invasive procedure in April on the right kidney. I thought I was finished. I am thankful to God that the MRI found it and it didn't rupture before he could get this tumor. One great thing...if I had any blood clots, I don't anymore.

Thank you, everyone for your thoughts, prayers and kind words here. I cannot say it enough how thankful I am for my friends here! Each of you is so special to me! Hug those furbabies for me!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 panda lady said:

Happy Tuesday to my PCC friends and furbabies!

I am hoping this finds everyone safe. Matty...Libby is absolutely right!! People should not be mad at the snow! Your daughter is very wise!Smile

I had my MRI done yesterday. Yikes! I am so used to CT scans. That was scary! Anyway, I found out why I was able to recover more quickly when he operated on the right kidney. IT DIDN'T TAKE!! I have to have another, more invasive procedure in April on the right kidney. I thought I was finished. I am thankful to God that the MRI found it and it didn't rupture before he could get this tumor. One great thing...if I had any blood clots, I don't anymore.

Thank you, everyone for your thoughts, prayers and kind words here. I cannot say it enough how thankful I am for my friends here! Each of you is so special to me! Hug those furbabies for me!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

Oh my dear... what you have been though.. more prayers coming your way panda.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.mellow} To our friends in the new England , long island and Boston area .. BE SAFE! And take good care!

Super Contributor

Matty6--I enjoyed reading your weather report/update, especially about your Yorkie! LOL!

panda lady--Am so glad you got some answers, despite it not being completely fabulous news. Best wishes to you!

Hope everyone continues to stay warm and safe!

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Good morning to all and there pet children. When I went to get my news paper this morning and let the dogs out in the backyard. I made my way very carefully back to my front door I heard my name being called .. there was my "clothing optional" couple waving me down to engage me in conversation. It is 16 this morning and the last thing I wanted to do was stand out side my house and talk to them. I had just put the dogs in the house and I only had my socks, boots and heavy nightgown and winter coat and gloves and hat on. [for the new members here my clothing optional couple are a little old man and women who dress in almost nothing winter or summer, spring and fall does not matter] And today was no different as I came over to see what they wanted. I noticed what they were wearing the women was wearing a sheer nightgown with just a bulky sweater on. Socks and high heel boots [how she was able to walk in them in all this freezing weather with all the ice and snow on the ground is beyond me] The man was clad in a giants football jacket zipped down to his waist shorts and knee socks and boots thank goodness. They are in there seventies and they are in pretty good health .. They live down the street and we have known them about two years now. The important news was the women wanted my recipe for my apple sauce cake. I could not even think straight Let alone think of the recipe at that moment when I was hardly awake and freezing cold. I told her I would write it down for her and give it to her next time I see her. The waved and walked back to there house the weather not seeming to bother them at all. Not slipping walking like there is no snow or ice at all on the ground. Never will figure them out. Have a nice day all!