Honored Contributor

*** Y&R Discussion Group Week of January 19th*** May Include Spoilers!

Guess we will all just start a new thread each week to discuss our FAVORITE soap! I don't have spoilers, but if anyone has them....feel free to post them.

Honored Contributor

Re: *** Y&R Discussion Group Week of January 19th*** May Include Spoilers!

I honestly don't believe Phyllis set up Kelly. Kelly is playing the victim role and setting up Phyllis. Even though Phyllis was wearing the wig at the end of the show. Glad to see nuAdam.....Jason Hartley is doing a great job! Some of the soap sights are saying Ashley might be pregnant....we shall see. Also, Nikki is supposedly going to spiral down even further with her drinking...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know who to believe between Kelly and Phyllis I had to run out earlier so I missed most of the show today but it comes on again at 7pm.

I too like the new Adam and Chelsea seems more comfortable and opens up more with him then Billy.

Ashley pregnant......omg another change of life baby; that will throw a wrench in Victoria and Stitch's relationship.

Thanks for keeping the Y&R thread alive. I'm looking forward to the other ladies comments.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they'll find security footage from the florist shop & it will be Kelly that actually ordered the flowers & not Phyllis in a blond wig?

Honored Contributor

Haven't watched yet today, but am very curious to see how Phyllis explains away the wig...

Agree on Adam. I've always liked Justin Hartley and he's really good in this role... At this point, Adam is one of the few more interesting story lines and characters on the plate!

Ashley pregnant... Wouldn't it just figure, but oh please... I guess when it gets down to it, soap opera is soap opera is soap opera and they will always recycle the same old plot devices... Still, I guess what I'm having a bit of heartburn with is that they really need to be bringing young Genoa City along, make them important to the viewers and then use some of these trite but tried and true vintage soap opera story lines with them... Hey, it's great and it's important that the focus is on the more 'historical' characters, but at some point, the audience is going to have to actually give a darn about the young-uns and not giving them any meaningful story lines is not the way to go... It seems like they just flit in and out but have no real function as far as driving the story.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

In real life, Eileen Davidson is in her mid fifties...soap world...probably in her forties. Not impossible, but......I am only interested in the Adam storyline and Phyllis storyline at this point.

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure about Kelly and Phyllis. I really don't like either of them! I'm starting to dislike Stitch too! He's too comfortable around Ashley. He looks like it would be too easy for him to jump into bed with her! I don't want nick to be with sage either! The only ones I'm happy with are Adam and Chelsea! Let's send Billy boy back to Victoria!
Valued Contributor

Sorry - hit submit twice!
Super Contributor

I just read over at Soap Central that there are big changes coming. Have no idea what cause the thread only showed posters view on the subject....but the change is by Pratt who they say ruined AMC. He did say sl's would be at a faster rate which sounds good to me. And I still think Phyllis is innocent and Kelly is behind it. Also hoping that if Kelly is leaving that she is the one responsible for killing Delia and not Adam.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 doolie said:

I just read over at Soap Central that there are big changes coming. Have no idea what cause the thread only showed posters view on the subject....but the change is by Pratt who they say ruined AMC. He did say sl's would be at a faster rate which sounds good to me. And I still think Phyllis is innocent and Kelly is behind it. Also hoping that if Kelly is leaving that she is the one responsible for killing Delia and not Adam.

Oh boy... While I think a few changes are in order 'big changes' could be a real mess... Personally, I hope they keep Kelly around. I think she has the potential to continue to be an interesting character and, let's face it, so few of them are these days... I do think someone else will pretty clearly eventually be unmasked as having hit Delia, as it's the only way they can rehabilitate Adam and keep him involved, and I can't imagine why they'd recast the character if they didn't have plans for him. The stories do need to move a bit faster and the whole show needs not to take place in the same locations all the time... Y&R has always had top notch sets and they need to use a few more of them...

I didn't watch AMC for years and years before it went kaput, but a lousy writer can indeed spell doom and gloom for a soap. I guess all the really talented ones have died of or moved on, so here's hoping changes in the writing corps don't take Y&R down the same path that so many soaps have gone down in recent years, being the path to cancellation. There are only a couple of interesting story lines write now, and even they aren't being written particularly well, so here's hoping any changes are for the better!

I too like the idea of reuniting Adam and Chelsea, but if they're smart they'll do it 'old soap' style and really make the viewers hold on to their seats in the process. To have this whole story line, one of the few that is interesting, resolved too quickly would probably not be a smart move. But yes, send Billy back to Victoria and then write the two of them out... There are other characters on the plate that have the potential to be far more interesting and certainly more appealing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...