Esteemed Contributor

Sad to Report our loved Jake has crossed the rainbow bridge

I am so sad to say that our beloved jake went to the rainbow bridge today. After having a spell last week he pulled out of it. Last night he had a hard time but seemed to be all right this morning. He even shared my banana with me. He asked to be out and did his business. He then came in started walking slow and laid down. He tried to get up and he fell backwards. This all happened in front of my three year old niece who we watch on Mondays. Her dad came over and got her and my dad came home and they took him in. I have been crying for hours. He was our friend and loyal companion.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sad to Report our loved Jake has crossed the rainbow bridge

My heart goes out to you,your mom and your dad on the loss of your beloved Jake.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I know that so many of us on this board were rooting for him to pull through and to hang in there a while longer.

Please find comfort and solace in the fact that Jake always knew how very much he was loved, that he was surrounded by that same love when he was sent to The Bridge today with dignity and in peace and that he's now happily running like a puppy with all of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place on the other side of The Bridge.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry that you lost Jake today ccassaday. I know how hard it is to lose such a beloved dog.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry to read this sad news about your dear Jake. From your posts, he sounded like the most wonderful of dogs: loving, loyal, a true friend.

And he had a wonderful friend in you and your family. You did the right thing for him, which is the most unselfish and most loving thing we can do for our beloved friends when they need us the most.

I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that he is now pain-free and that our prayers our with you during this heartbreaking time. I just know that our dog Fergus and so many other new friends have met Jake at the Rainbow Bridge and that, over time, you'll think of Jake with more smiles than tears.

Super Contributor

My heart goes out to you. Our Little Buddy crossed over a week ago, so I understand your raw feelings. God bless.

Honored Contributor

I am so saddened to read about Jake. It is so very difficult, yet rest in knowing that when he needed your unconditional love and help you were there for him. Be kind to yourself, as you did what loving pet parents do when the pain becomes too much.
Super Contributor

I am so very sorry about Jake. I hope that you and your family can remember during your grieving that he clearly knew how much you all loved him....and he clearly loved all of you. Will be thinking of you all and wishing you much peace.

Esteemed Contributor

He was my buddy. Every morning he would wake me up by slurping his water from t his bowl. Or after I would get out of my easy chair he would go over to see if their was any crumbs. Oh and his food dance when he wanted Fed.
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Your dear Jake surely knew how he was loved by you and your family and he felt safe as he always did on his journey across the bridge. Sending you a caring hug tonight.
Trusted Contributor

I am truly sorry to read this. Jake was a fighter but sadly it was time for him to go to Heaven where he is now healthy and playing with al of our fur babies.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!