Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner January 5 - 11, 2015

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner January 5 - 11, 2015

Brrrrrrrr.... Happy Monday! It is a cold one here in WNY, and probably where a lot of you are too. With a wind chill of one degree Lily and I will probably not be going too far on our walks.

Wanted to say welcome to lucylover!

Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always for those in need.

For those teachers heading back to the classrooms, hope you have a good day back.

Try to stay warm!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing everyone a very pleasant day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

A rollercoaster of weather temperatures...yesterday was 60 and now [this morning] its below 30 windy and cold. Steven and I were walking the dogs we were so happy when they finished their business quickly. The week will be a cold one and even colder for our friends in the mid west and New England area ..Stay warm and safe folks. We will get a wintery mix tomorrow [yuck].

Honored Contributor

smilies0231.gif

You all's turn. LOL We had 3 inches of snow or so on Sun. pretty well melted off by now down here in northern Tx. Amarillo, area. Have to take my car to the car wash Thurs. hate a dirty car. hahahha

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies,

Well, it was back to school for me today! My kinder kiddos come tomorrow. I will be glad to see them but can't help that I am a little nervous. Flu has hit many states, including Georgia hard. With my compromised immune system, I have to be very careful. I did get a flu shot but they say some of these strains out there may not be covered by it!{#emotions_dlg.scared} Our temps are going to take a tumble Wed. and Thurs. of this week. We'll have lows of 15 and highs in the low 30's. Where in Alaska (and other places) that would be a heat wave, down here, it's very cold! Luckily, we are not expecting any precipitation with the cold.

Stay warm my dear friends. Hug those furbabies for me!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

It's awfully cold here and getting colder ..talking subzero mid week. Like Sheltie and Lily Angie and I will not be walking much if at all. Our son and Granddaughter Ava were here for a few days. They brought Willis,their chocolate Lab. Gosh is he sweet,but huge. Big gentle boy ,Daisy just looks at him and he backs up! He has to be close to 90 lbs,Daisy is 10 lbs. All in the ATTITUDE and she has it.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hero and I sending {{{{hugs and kisses}}} to all. Getting cold here in Connecticut. Not as bad as the middle of the country though. Stay safe everyone. I pray for all the animals out there who are homeless. Please God take care of them.

Have a good week everyone. Just looked on my phone, it's - 29 in Fairbanks Alaska! And I thought 19 here was bad. Stay warm everyone. Kiss the furbabies for us. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Happy 2015 everyone .... and sending "warm" wishes to all. What was to be an inch of snow accumulation is now 4" in parts of PA. My thundering-paw pals (Bo & Gracey) love the crisp, white fluffy snow. For me, spring cannot arrive soon enough!

(¯`'•.¸//(*_*)\¸.•'´¯)

Super Contributor

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome.....although your warmth is about all I have felt this chilly and snowy day! LOL!

Not sure if I mentioned our 4-legged kids' names: Sundae is our 2 1/2 yr old, 40 lb female terrier mix rescue dog and Snowball is our 18 month old, 90 lb female black Lab (and yes, she loves the snow! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And rain....and sleet....). They are best buddies and we love them dearly!

I hope to remember each of you and your fur babies/names but forgive me if I need to ask!

A bit of humor: several years ago we had 2 very wonderful dogs (another black Lab named Lucy and a black Lab mix named Spencer). They were a bit naughty one day and not listening. I am a psychotherapist and do see kids in my practice. During our "kids'" naughtiness, my husband commented: "Your a therapist....DO something!" (Wasn't sure what he had in mind....play Feelings Candyland with them?! LOL!) He had to go on an errand, so he missed what I did: I literally made them sit and kept them in time-out---added their ages in dog years, divided by 2, and that's how many minutes I made them stay. It actually worked....although I had to stay right there in time-out with them while Lucy clearly got bored and fell asleep! Not sure if they ever really learned anything from it but I did note their behavior with several things did improve for a bit.

Hope those of you experiencing the wintry weather can stay safe and warm!