Contributor

SO as I posted earlier today, I went down to Subway where the storm drain was and EASILY lured the poor cat into the cat carrier.....We did call animal control 2 weeks ago and they went and checked on this cat and said to leave it there!!! May have had kittens or could have rabies... I checked the cat and it has NOT been nursing and sure does not have rabies as far as I can see. I put the cat in my daughters room for now ,,,keeping it in the cat carrier till I can look it over more once it calms down. It was friendly and loved being petted in the storm drain. Now the big question is what am I going to do with this precious cat!

Just glad I got it out of there before it crossed on the busy 3 lane roads right there!! I cannot believe ANIMAL CONTROL did NOTHING and now its my responsibility to help it...Don't it figure..OH WELL..I am just glad it is safe now..Thats all that matters at this point

Super Contributor

Good for you! I saw your other post. Animal Control where I live doesn't care either. Years ago I reported my neighbor for tossing out a bunch of kittens to fend for themselves and they said they wouldn't do anything to help me....they said just don't feed them and they will either go away or starve to death. I finally trapped them all and my vet at the time found homes for them. The last one I trapped took me 7 months to catch her and I kept her (my cat Stinky who died earlier this month).

That wound probably needs to be seen by a vet, they can become abcessed.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Good for you! One thing I know, and that is that a lot of people just don't understand how some of us feel about animals! I've raised cain with a day care center not far from my home (at the end of a dead end street) because their clients fly down the street and have killed "MY" squirrels. We even tried to get speed bumps, but it's a short block and I guess the city doesn't think squirrels are important enough! Let alone elderly people trying to pull out of the driveways!

Keep us updated!

Honored Contributor

Fantastic!

Respected Contributor

That's a wonderful thing you did for the poor kitty but like you said now what. Animal control does not consider cats because there is no lease law for them. I would check into ASPCA, TNR and other no kill shelters. We have quite a few here and more all the time.

I understand what you mean by your other pets but maybe she has already been fixed if she has a cropped ear. I hope you can find her a home. I have enough trouble with my three cats and a dog, I couldn't imagine 6 plus your dogs. Maybe they won't notice especially if she is friendly.

Winter is coming and she couldn't stay in the drain forever. Good luck, you saved her life.

Respected Contributor

Hello, lynmom50. Smile

Hooray! I'm so glad that you caught the kitty. Are you going to keep her/him if she/he gets a clean bill of health from the vet and if he/she doesn't already have an owner?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Contributor

Subway kitty is getting neutered next Tuesday! My dog groomer works as a volunteer at the shelter and made a call and got me in!!! I only need to make any donation for his surgery....SO happy!!!

I will post some pics of him soon..I will be needing to find him a FOREVER home!! I have so many pets already..........

Super Contributor
Better that you rescued the kitty. In my town if animal services had picked up the cat there would be no happy ending. Animal services takes in too many cats and there are not enough homes. The SPCA collects as many as they can, but not all.