Honored Contributor

Final update on my daughter's adoption of sister/brother kitties

I last wrote about this around the 15th, about two weeks ago. The kittens have adjusted beautifully with my daughter's existing cat, Macy. In fact they all play together, and now they all share the "family bed" with my daughter every night. It couldn't be more "purr-fect!"

My daughter is thrilled and so am I. I wanted you all to know because you have been so kind to my posts all along about my daughter's loss of her beloved Minou, her ragdoll cat, earlier this year. She still misses her and always will. But this is helping.

Yay!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Final update on my daughter's adoption of sister/brother kitties

Ford, I'm so glad to hear all is going so well with the kittens. I know your daughter will always miss the one she lost, as we all do. But it sounds like these little ones were meant to be a part of her family, and I'm so glad also that they could stay together and not be separated from each other. Wish them all well for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 kittymomNC said:

Ford, I'm so glad to hear all is going so well with the kittens. I know your daughter will always miss the one she lost, as we all do. But it sounds like these little ones were meant to be a part of her family, and I'm so glad also that they could stay together and not be separated from each other. Wish them all well for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I will kitty! It seems almost like fate stepped in. When poor little Minou died, little did my daughter know she would be adopting two little kitties, brother and sister, because she hated the thought of them being separated. She saw them growing every week when she volunteered at PetSmart and no one was interested in both of them, so they were probably going to be separated just to get them sold. So she took them, not knowing how it would work out with Macy. But it did work out beautifully!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/30/2014 Ford1224 said:

<em>Ford</em>, I'm so glad to hear all is going so well with the kittens. I know your daughter will always miss the one she lost, as we all do. But it sounds like these little ones were meant to be a part of her family, and I'm so glad also that they could stay together and not be separated from each other. Wish them all well for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I will kitty! It seems almost like fate stepped in. When poor little Minou died, little did my daughter know she would be adopting two little kitties, brother and sister, because she hated the thought of them being separated. She saw them growing every week when she volunteered at PetSmart and no one was interested in both of them, so they were probably going to be separated just to get them sold. So she took them, not knowing how it would work out with Macy. But it did work out beautifully!

Is Macy acting like their Mom?? Sounds purrfect{#emotions_dlg.laugh} to me too!!, all the more to love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I am happy to read that all is good with your daughter and her cat family. It was very kind of her to keep the brother and sister together. I raised two sisters from birth, and they do form a special bond. My best to all of them always.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the wonderful update, JSS Babe; this was definitely destined. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Plus, two new grandkitties for you. Smile

cat-saying-hooray_thumb1.jpg (504×337)

Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 graceandmercy said:

<em>Ford</em>, I'm so glad to hear all is going so well with the kittens. I know your daughter will always miss the one she lost, as we all do. But it sounds like these little ones were meant to be a part of her family, and I'm so glad also that they could stay together and not be separated from each other. Wish them all well for me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Is Macy acting like their Mom?? Sounds purrfect{#emotions_dlg.laugh} to me too!!, all the more to love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Yes, she does. Even to the point that when the kittens are too much for her she bats them away with her paw, and they know what that means and they back off.

I am so thrilled about this. Not often do we get a situation where it works out for all. My daughter is so happy about this . . . it's wonderful to see after she has been so sad for so long.Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Ford1224 said:

Yes, she does. Even to the point that when the kittens are too much for her she bats them away with her paw, and they know what that means and they back off.

I am so thrilled about this. Not often do we get a situation where it works out for all. My daughter is so happy about this . . . it's wonderful to see after she has been so sad for so long.Smile

Lol, how cute!!
Honored Contributor

On 11/30/2014 feline groovy said:

Thanks for the wonderful update, JSS Babe; this was definitely destined. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Plus, two new grandkitties for you. Smile

cat-saying-hooray_thumb1.jpg (504×337)

Thank you JSS! The gray tabby on the floor looks exactly like Albert! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Tissyanne said:
On 12/1/2014 Ford1224 said:

Lol, how cute!!

Yes. We've raised a lot of litters over the years and that's exactly how the mommy cat acts when the kittens "misbehave." I can't wait to see them, I have held back because of my new back injury (she has a very high flight of stairs to her apartment) . . . but also because I don't want to disturb the family balance right now. I will see them before Christmas.

Formerly Ford1224