Contributor

Here we go again....Can NEVER ,,EVER turn our backs on animals in need!!

My daughter works at Subway on a very busy 3 lane road. There has been a cat down in the drain. She gets out..But crys and crys and her ears looked chopped and her tail has a wound on it.. People feed her and I have actually been able to pet her and could grab her if I want. So later today I am going down there with a cat carrier and hoping once I grab this poor young cat it does not freak out on me... I felt its belly on Friday and think it does not have babies down there! It just crys and crys....My heart cannot stop thinking of her and I have to help it TODAY!!

Wish me luck.....As to what I am going to do with it???? My house already has 6 sm dogs and 6 cats...I will NOT bring to the shelter as they would destroy it Im sure..Cats I am told do not fair very good at shelters..HOW SAD!!!!!!

PLEASE if anyone wants to adopt this poor cat please contact me here! THANKS I am in NM

Respected Contributor

Re: Here we go again....Can NEVER ,,EVER turn our backs on animals in need!!

Hello, lynmom50. Smile

That's nice of you to help an animal in need. But be careful. It doesn't take much to make stray animals freak out. If you do try to catch this cat yourself, wear very thick gloves just in case she tries to bite and/or scratch out of fear.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Won't the Fire Dept. get this kitty out? They know what to do, I would call them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

lynmom, my heart goes out to you, as I am the same way. I hope you're able to catch this little cat. If you've been able to pet her, maybe you won't have a problem. I had to catch a stray that had taken up residence in my back yard, and since I have a sick one that is costing me just about everything I have plus another one, I couldn't keep him, as much as I wanted to.

I took my carrier and put some really good smelling wet food all the way in the back of it and left the door open. I stood a little out of the way so as hopefully not to scare him. He hesitated, but then went in the carrier to get the food and I quickly slammed the door. Maybe that might work for you. If not, I'm sure all the kitty lovers here will have some good suggestions.

Also, does your vet have a stray adoption program? Mine does, and I had never taken one to them before (I always kept the ones we found or that came to us), but I just couldn't keep him. They estimated he was about 8 months old, and they found him a forever home in about three weeks! I still have a picture of him that my vet assistant took and emailed to me.

Good luck to you, and please keep us updated on whether or not you're able to catch her and progress toward finding her a home!