Super Contributor

My new Maine Coon fur-baby, Maggie (Magnolia)!

Maggie 11-25-14 photo P1000046xxx_zps68e247bf.jpg

Super Contributor

Re: My new Maine Coon fur-baby, Maggie (Magnolia)!

I scoured all the local Indpls rescues, but couldn't find one. She came from a cat rescue group in Cincinnati. Quiet as a mouse all the way home! She's around 6 months old and she's tiny still. I thought she'd be full grown but she weighs around 5 lbs.

LOL! that's not poo on the bed, it's a grain of her food Smiley Happy She's very food-motivated.

Valued Contributor

She is just lovely. Bless you for giving her a wonderful home. I hope that she helps mend the empty spaces in your heart. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks a lot like someone else we knew! Have a Happy Thanksgiving together!

Super Contributor

She IS helping me mend, lynne.

Sammycat, I know she does, but not quite! Look at her ear tips, that's like a true Maine Coon...Tig didn't have those, although I know her dad was a registered Maine Coon that my neighbor let roam the neighborhood, even though he wasn't neutered.

You all have a Happy Thanksgiving, too.

PS: My back is killing me today. She is in the spare bedroom, rescue suggested this for 7 days....however she was crying after I went to bed last night and I couldn't stand it. So I took my pillows and down throw in there and slept on the floor next to her. (on a slab). I wish I had a bed in that room but it's an office.

The rescue group made sure she was going to the type of home that has patience....she was adopted and returned by a woman who complained that all she did was hide.

Super Contributor

She is beautiful. Bless you for giving her a home and making a place in your heart for her. May you have many years of happiness together.
Respected Contributor

She is just gorgeous. I have two male Maine Coons and I am so in love with that breed. {#emotions_dlg.wub} I hope she's as talkative as one of my Maine Coons. I've had two sets of Maine Coons in my life and both times only one of them talked. The talkative guy that I have now is so chatty, I have to laugh. He says what's on his mind, asks questions and orders me around, LOL. Lately he's been very bossy. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Enjoy your beautiful Magnolia and please post more photos as she settles in.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/26/2014 okBlonde said:

I scoured all the local Indpls rescues, but couldn't find one. She came from a cat rescue group in Cincinnati. Quiet as a mouse all the way home! She's around 6 months old and she's tiny still. I thought she'd be full grown but she weighs around 5 lbs.

LOL! that's not poo on the bed, it's a grain of her food Smiley Happy She's very food-motivated.

Gorgeous, I've always wanted a Maine Coon! Congrats to you and Magnolia, a very fitting name for such a pretty Diva!!Cool

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Great news and a beautiful kitty. That woman's loss, your gain. I hope you have many years to come, she takes a good picture, doesn't look that shy and looks like she is home.

I never had a female kitty so keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

Maine Coons are wonderful with great personalities, The majority of my cats were Maine Coons with some Persians, all gotten through my rescue activities. A cat with a huge neck rough and bushy tail is a Maine Coon, but I know there are breeders who breed, but no one has to go there for a Maine Coon.