Valued Contributor

Wasn't Sure Where to Post This - CNN Story About Pit Bull Kills

Hi all pet lovers. I wasn't sure where to post this where the most people will see, but there was a story on CNN about the village of Moreauville, Louisiana passing an ordinance banning pit bulls and rottweilers as of December 1. Apparently, they will be confiscated from their owners and sent to a vet clinic "for disposition". A family who has a beloved pit bull has started an online petition to save their dog. Story link is below and also the petition link. Please sign this petition if you wish to help save pit bulls/rottweilers in that area. I'm not sure if you can just click on my links or if you will have to copy and paste them into your browser. Thank you!!

Story: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/22/living/louisiana-pit-bull-rottweiler-ban/

Petition: http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/save-zeus?source=s.icn.tw&r_by=4752600

Valued Contributor

Re: Wasn't Sure Where to Post This - CNN Story About Pit Bull Kills

Thanks for sharing this. I couldn't believe it when I read the story on cnn. I've shared it on Twitter and Facebook. Hope everyone at least takes a look at this story.
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

I would still sign the family petition if you are against breed banning legislation.
Honored Contributor

What's happening in Louisiana is minor compared to Denver, Co. Denver enacted a ban on pit bulls in 1987 and as of 2010, the city had executed 3,497 of the dogs.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Horrible.

Super Contributor

Horrible and so unfair!

On a similar note if you can like this page for me I would greatly appreciate it...I was witness to a completely unnecessary shooting of this dog a week and a half ago. He was in his own fenced yard...when a LE Officer jumped over the fence for what reason no one knows and shot him.

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforGrendel?fref=nf

Honored Contributor

The loose dogs running the streets can be picked up, but not going into someone's home to confiscate their pet dog.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of pits, but there must be a better way. Seems like taking someone's personal property. What about the mixes?

Honored Contributor

On 11/26/2014 mousiegirl said:

The loose dogs running the streets can be picked up, but not going into someone's home to confiscate their pet dog.

That's what they did in Denver...they went door-to-door confiscating family pets. Some people sold their homes and moved outside the city to avoid losing their dogs.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment