Super Contributor

Update on Tiger Baby (is he mine yet?)

Here my Tiger Baby at noon on my dining room table. This is how far he as come to becoming my own kitty.

To recap. He was feral for three years or I thought he was feral. He usually ran away and stayed his distance. He would sometimes let us pet him outside where we fed him when he came around. This changed when he injured his foot. I trapped him, took him to the vet, and tried to tame him inside while he healed. He was having none of that and escaped as soon he could, about a month later.

I thought all was lost and we were back to Feral Cat. One of you said not necessarily. Well, while I was gone visiting DD for a week, DH called and said, "guess who is camping out in the dining room!" That was two months ago. For a long time he was afraid to let me come near him. But with treats and pets on the front steps for many weeks, he finally ventured through the cat door to the dining room to eat the other cats' food. Now he is hanging out in the house more and more. AND I can pet him anytime I want! He no longer runs away and he loves it. How's that for the love of cat!

cat on table

Trusted Contributor

Re: Update on Tiger Baby (is he mine yet?)

AWWW, how sweet and peaceful, and safe, and content. Your picture warms my heart!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Nicest centerpiece ever!

Respected Contributor

I think he realized that life on the inside wasn't so bad after all, LOL. Going back outside for awhile was the best thing that happened to him. He looks so blissful! {#emotions_dlg.wub} Thanks for posting the photo; I have enjoyed his escapades from Day 1 and am happy for this most recent update.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

I think he has found his niche. They love dining room tables and he knows what side his bread is buttered on now.

Very pretty and happy kitty.

Esteemed Contributor

Not all that many people would have had the patience to continue trying to "tame" this wonderful cat! I love to see what happens when perseverance pays off, and this is what you wind up with... a beautiful addition to your family!

There has been so much discord on the boards the last few days. It's great to see a happy story! And it's such a coincidence, because there has been a two-year old cat named Mr. Bill at my vet's office up for adoption for 4-1/2 months, and it appears that he could be Tiger Baby's twin brother. I took my Baby Cat in this morning for her fluid treatment, and the cage was no longer there--Mr. Bill is on a trial run with a potential adoptive family. They just needed to see if he would get along with their other cat, and so far, no news is good news!

So two happy stories this morning - just makes my day!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

How sweet.Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

So happy for you and Tiger Baby. He is lucky to have found a family that obviously loves cats-not only is he sleeping on your beautiful dining table, I can see the cat furniture in the background! :-)
Respected Contributor

Any new updates on Tiger Baby? Is he back at your house for good?

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Picture of Tiger Baby So Adorable...

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~