Regular Contributor

How do you share the holidays with your pet?

Even though holidays are geared towards family and friends, I consider our pet Wirehaired Doxie "Tizzy" a big part of our family, as I suppose most others do as well. I buy him treats, and toys and wrap them up and put it in a special stocking (with his name on it) I made. So he can open it at Christmas. He knows he's got something to look forward to when he keeps sniffing around his stocking. It's such a delight to see him open his gifts and how happy he is, with his tail wagging full bore. He loves tearing open his presents, wrapping paper flying all over, it's so much fun to watch. What do you do to you make your furry friends holiday full of cheer?

Frequent Contributor

Re: How do you share the holidays with your pet?

We do the exact same thing as you! I lost my lab this last labor day weekend but for all of his 12 Christmases he would be SO happy to open his 3-5 presents!! I will miss him so much this year!!! But we have a new little puppy and also a grand dog now. I'm wondering though, about a tree with a VERY naughty little pup!! Oh well-- the pup stage goes fast and we'll be able to have that wonderful part of the holiday again!
Respected Contributor

We have four dogs. We have a big red stocking with bones all over it that we fill full of things for them. And of course they get plenty of other things that don't fit in the stocking. We don't wrap them though.

Honored Contributor

My kitty, Rick, is 17 and has always celebrated Christmas. I used to wrap his presents, but don't anymore. I usually get him some kind of toy mouse to add to his collection. He also gets to eat what the people eat.
Respected Contributor

I LOVE wirehaired dachshunds. My two delinquent dachshunds get presents too. They have taken to opening everyone's gifts to see what they want. They can not be left unattended with presents. Once Liebchen opened someone's sweater and decided it was hers. The cat better leave their stocking alone also.

doxie

Regular Contributor

I am so happy to see all your posts, and how you enjoy your holidays. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season with your furry little ones! Blessings to you! And bosmamaa so sad to hear of your loss, we too lost our "Emma" another wire doxie three years ago, it is so hard but I'm glad you have so much love in your heart to share with your new puppy and grand dog as well! We have grand dog also, our son has a long hair doxie named Louie and he just turned one year. It will be fun to watch him, open his gifts this year too!

Honored Contributor

Every day is a holiday for my pet

Honored Contributor

My pets have always been family members, and the pups I have now help us open presents, and entertain us. They wear antlers for the Christmas photos, though they aren't crazy about them, lol. I buy toys for the one who loves them, the other could care less, and of course some edible treats for all.

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 colliemom3 said:

Every day is a holiday for my pet {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

LOL, mine too, he is treated like a King!

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 mousiegirl said:

My pets have always been family members, and the pups I have now help us open presents, and entertain us. They wear antlers for the Christmas photos, though they aren't crazy about them, lol. I buy toys for the one who loves them, the other could care less, and of course some edible treats for all.

Aww this sounds so sweet!