Respected Contributor

Disappointed in Petsmart right now

Yesterday, my dh went to Petsmart, like we have every year for the past 15 years with one goal in mind. Each year, we have purchased at least one ornament for our tree from their Luv-A-Pet charity collection. Even though we don't have a pet currently, it still means a lot to us to support this cause in memory of our beloved, Heidi. Well...no ornaments on the sales floor. I checked the website and couldn't find any. The charity does have other items for sale, though. I was really looking forward to adding to my ornament collection. It was always fun to see what the ornaments looked like each year. DH asked a manager who said that he didn't think that there would be any of these ornaments this year, at least none at his store. Does anyone else collect these ornaments every year? If so, has anyone found them at their local Petsmart? I know all good things must come to an end and it may have cost more to produce than what they collected for the charity...but still disappointed!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Petsmart right now

Hi Panda Lady.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your ornament tradition these many years, especially when you were looking forward to one this year. You've had a great run and I bet those are some beauties that you do have. I didn't collect but would love to see a picture of them if you can.

Like you said, "all good things must come to an end," but maybe it's also time to begin anew. So journey on.

LadyA

Respected Contributor

I saw some on the internet for sale but they are last years and older. Amazon was one. I didn't see any for this year. None at any of the Petsmarts unless it is too early.

Super Contributor

Animal Rescue / Greater Good sells ornaments and everything they sell makes a donation to feed shelter animals.

https://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/store/ars/category/2795/?adId=13392&placementId=392723&o...

They also have other charitable causes, if you prefer. Save the rainforest, autism awareness, veterans, various medical causes.

Respected Contributor

Just to satisfy yourself, go to their website petsmart.com, click "help" in the upper right corner which will take you to a page where you can email them your disappointment. You'll feel better if you let them know that you missed the ornaments.

Honored Contributor

It is disappointing to feel you are contributing to something worthwhile and enjoying the product, then it goes away.

I would guess that such a very small amount of money from the sale of each ornament was actually going to charity that they may have decided to discontinue the practice.

If you are still wishing to make an impact, perhaps just make a cash donation to that cause, or another that works locally with pets or animals in your area. You'd actually, most likely, be putting more money directly into the hands of people who are helping animals and be able to make a bigger impact.

Than won't put a new ornament on your tree this year, but would surely be appreciated by the animals and the folks doing the good work.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, everyone for your replies! I am certainly going to treasure my ornaments, as they were collected with love for animals and in memory of my dear Heidi. I like the ideas of monetary charitable donations and also the other places to search for ornaments that will raise money for good causes. Blessings, everyone for a wonderful upcoming holiday season! {#emotions_dlg.wub}Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!