Honored Contributor

For those of you who remember the death of "Minou," my daughter's ragdoll cat earlier this year

She just brought home two five-month-old kitties, Anya and Albert, sister and brother. They weren't getting adopted at PetSmart (usually duos don't, plus Anya is black and they are always harder to adopt out, Albert is a gray tabby). My daughter fell in love with them and didn't want them to grow up without a real home. She is now in the process of introducing them to Macy, her existing cat, and so far, so good. She is very hopeful it's going to work out and seems to think it will.

She does everything by the book, takes no chances, and is introducing them very slowly, not to be actually together for at least two weeks. Macy seems unfazed, stuck her nose into the crate and put her paw on the door a couple of times then walked away, so she is obviously not going to be a problem. Of the kittens, Anya is the smallest and seems to be more upset, hiding under the sink in the bathroom and reluctant to eat. Albert is eating and doing fine. Both of them are used to my daughter, but it's the new surroundings. They should be used to other cats too, since they've been at PetSmart with other cats for several months. It hasn't been a whole day yet, so it's understandable they are scared.

We had to talk a little about how she shouldn't think she is "replacing Minou," as nothing can do that, but more that she is rescuing two little lives. She still mourns her Minou, and I'm hoping the kittens will help her with that. I didn't think she would do this so soon, but as I said, she didn't want the kittens to grow up in cages in a store. They are lucky little youngsters, no animals could ask for a better home than my daughter will give them.

So a new adventure. I will probably meet them next weekend.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: For those of you who remember the death of "Minou," my daughter's ragdoll cat earlier this year

I do remember the story.

It's fabulous she is giving 2 kittens a home. None can replace Minou.

But, 2 kitties got adopted. Fabulous!

Hyacinth Smile

Super Contributor

Re: For those of you who remember the death of "Minou," my daughter's ragdoll cat earlier this year

I remember your daughter's valiant effort to keep her dear little kitty with her. I'm happy for her and her 2 new furbabies and wish them many years of love together.
Honored Contributor

I have no doubt that Minou's sweet spirit reached out from the other side of The Bridge and brought those two precious kittens and your daughter together.

I know that they'll fill her life with tons of unconditional kitty love for many years to come.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Wow and hooray!!

God bless her and the wee siblings, and congratulations Grandma JSS!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

ETA: two is an instant comedy team, three is a kitty totem pole, they'll keep Macy youthful, and she'll be laughing everyday! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Tell her to get some Feliway to calm everyone down as they adjust to the changes in the household.

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 lolakimono said:

Tell her to get some Feliway to calm everyone down as they adjust to the changes in the household.

I'll ask her about this. What is it?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 feline groovy said:

Wow and hooray!!

God bless her and the wee siblings, and congratulations Grandma JSS!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

ETA: two is an instant comedy team, three is a kitty totem pole, they'll keep Macy youthful, and she'll be laughing everyday! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I can't wait to see them. But she is doing everything by the book here, so I'll have to wait until she thinks they are ready for another "new" thing. As I said, they were at PetSmart for several months and should be used to seeing strangers, but I will do as I'm told, LOL!

What you said was so cute, JSS!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 11/15/2014 beastielove said:

I have no doubt that Minou's sweet spirit reached out from the other side of The Bridge and brought those two precious kittens and your daughter together. Smile

I know that they'll fill her life with tons of unconditional kitty love {#emotions_dlg.tt1}for many years to come.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

They're former ferals, so that's why she is being so careful. There were three of them, another sister who was adopted right away because she was friendly, which is unusual for ferals. My daughter has made her life extremely busy now, what with working full time, doing her freelancing at night, and now three cats . . . plus she tries to keep up with her social life and comes to my house as well. Good thing she is so strong.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 11/15/2014 grandkidsrgreat said: I remember your daughter's valiant effort to keep her dear little kitty with her. I'm happy for her and her 2 new furbabies and wish them many years of love together.

Thank you grandkids, that was sweet.

Formerly Ford1224