Super Contributor

Tiggi had had enough of all the stuff being shoved down her throat to keep her alive. No matter what new canned food I tried to tempt her with this morning, she didn't want any...and she was acting like she was going to throw up and there was nothing to throw up.

Dr. Webb wasn't in yet, but the other vet I like him as well, the one who spayed Abby. He tried and tried to get the needle in. Her veins were collapsing even if he was lucky enough to find one. He ended up having to sedate her and that makes the veins even smaller than normal. He spent at least 30 minutes trying everything he could, even smaller gauge needles, etc. He even had trouble sedating her due to her muscles not being much after all the muscle-wasting from the pred...I should have sent her to the Bridge weeks ago but didn't want to let her go. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Then he told us there was no other option than taking her in the back to do the heart-stick method, and it's too upsetting for us to see. He said she went fast and peacefully.

We dropped her off at the funeral home, and picked Stinky's ashes up.

It's been a horrible day.

BeautyJunkie....I bet Tiggi and Buddy are making up for lost time. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Esteemed Contributor

Anytime anyone posts they've lost their kitty, my heart breaks.

So very sorry you have lost your friends. RIP sweet angels.

Respected Contributor

Indy, I am so sorry for your losses, it's more than one can bear especially that close together.

I hope you get some good news today to help you along but I am glad you had that time together and you were home.

Thinking of you...

Super Contributor
Oh Indy, my heart is aching for you. I was praying Tiggi would have more quality time but it just wasn't to be. You made the hardest and kindest decision we ever have to make. I believe those we've loved will be waiting to greet us when our time on earth is done. You have had so much loss recently so please be kind to yourself. Sending hugs and prayers your way. So sorry.
Respected Contributor

Indy, I know how you feel. I've mentioned this in here before, but my last two Maine Coons died unexpectedly only 3 weeks apart. It was horrible. Tiggi is at the bridge now, free from all that pain; the love you shared can never be broken.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Dear Debby, our hearts are shattered right along with yours. Your beloved, tough kitty fighter was a trooper through so many challenges. Please don't blame yourself in any way for any part of this; you acted only out of your love for her at every turn...the kitty I saw in her famous YouTube videos knew she was cherished sunup to sundown every day she was with you: and this is what matters most.

You gave this beautiful girl a wonderful life and she survived many long months with a terrible disease -- months in which you had more time together.

This part stinks, it really does -- there's no two ways about it. Yet I know if I could come back to this earth as a cat, there's only one house I'd want to live in because the cats there -- well, they say it's the very best....and it's yours.

((((Debby))))

((((Tiggi))))

Respected Contributor

OK,

I am so very sorry for all that is happening with you. You have been through way too much. I hope you get good news about a job. I am glad you picked up Stinky. I am wishing I could gove you a real hug but this cyber one will have to do.

((((((OK))))))

doxie

Valued Contributor
OK, I am so, so sorry. Please feel a caring hug coming to you, wish it could be in person.
Honored Contributor

I'm so very sorry. I know it's heart breaking.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval