Super Contributor

My Cat STINKY is at the Bridge :(

I thought Tiggi would go first. I went to the post office and was gone only 30 minutes. I opened the door to my bedroom and she wasn't on the bed. It wasn't unusual for her to be under the chest, but food wouldn't bring her out. Then I realized something was wrong. I looked under and her mouth was open, her eyes were open and she wasn't breathing. I grabbed her and she was still warm, and rushed her to Noah's but they couldn't do anything. I'm devastated. I don't think it had anything to do with her having the runs earlier, that was cleared up and back to normal, and her blood work and xrays from 3 weeks ago was fine. The vet thinks it was probably a stroke or her heart just gave out.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Cat STINKY is at the Bridge :(

How awful, I feel so bad for you. So sorry Indy, you will get through this.

My last dog had a heart attack in my arms and it was over very fast if that helps any. I know you feel bad because we always hope to be there but sometimes it doesn't work out like that.

Respected Contributor

Indy-Blonde2, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby, Stinky. May God wrap His loving arms around you during this time and He has already welcomed your guardian angel to rainbow bridge! My thoughts and prayers are with you! ((((((Indy-Blonde2)))))). Hugs and prayers to you! {#emotions_dlg.wub}Panda lady

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Shedding tears for you as I type. This is one of the hardest things to deal with, losing our sweet innocent babies. No matter how old they are or how much "warning" we have that the end is nearing, we aren't ready for this. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Super Contributor

She was fine this morning. She always sleeps with me, she taps me to lift the blanket up so she can get under it too. {#emotions_dlg.crying} She was a feral kitten 7 months old when I trapped her in 2002.

Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Indy-Blonde2 said:

She was fine this morning. She always sleeps with me, she taps me to lift the blanket up so she can get under it too. {#emotions_dlg.crying} She was a feral kitten 7 months old when I trapped her in 2002.

We adopted a feral mamma and her two babies several years ago. The most beautiful cat (the boy who was intimidated by nothing) was run over in the road two years ago this month, and my heart is still broken. I have put many a pet to sleep, and while very sad, I knew they had a good and long life, and were ready to go and be out of the pain at the end.

But this is so hard, to loose them unexpectedly, and quickly like this. Just be comforted in knowing that while she was with you, she had the very best possible life, filled with love and comfort. I know my pretty boy had such a very short life, but a very happy, healthy, and loved one.

Respected Contributor

It was God's will for you two to find one another and spend a happy life as family. Hold tight to your memories, dear! May God bless you!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

I am so very sorry. What an adorably sweet kitty. I'm partial to former ferals too. Hugs to you.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. My cat Lucy passed away, at 4+ years old, from a sudden stroke. Fine one minute....then not. The sudden losses of our fur babies are sometimes the worst, because they are so unexpected.

I know there is not one thing I can do to make you feel better, except to let you know that I've lost 4 "babies" now, over the years. My most recent was my elderly dog, Dudley, 3 weeks ago. And I can tell you that it's the worst pain I have ever felt, each and every time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I remember reading that feral cats left outside only live 3-7 years if left on their own. You gave her a great life that she wouldn't normally have had.

Good luck with Tiggi and your other kitty. You've had some rough months with everything going on.