Esteemed Contributor

Calling Dr. Poll, love this show!

He's a wonderful vet, the animals really respond too. The show is, Calling Dr. Poll. Its on my local channel. Have any of you watched it? I like to watch Too Cute!!!, on Animal Planet, also saturday mornings. They have kittens and puppies as they grow and go to their new homes! I have to get my animal fix, I miss working with a client that has a gorgeous kitty..when I get to work Monday, she hears my voice and runs down the stairs to see me, what could be better?

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Dr. Poll, love this show!

Dr. Pol is one of my favorite programs. It's very graphic and may not be for everyone. Dr. Pol is a vet in rural Michigan and treats many farm animals as well as the usual pets. The program is on Saturday evening I think on NatGeoWild, unless they've changed.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Love this show! The American version of "All Creatures...", but not romanticized. Too graphic for little ones, but would provide a view of the real work of a large animal practice for those considering veterinary medicine.

Some years ago PBS ran a BBC series, "Vets in Practice" about vet students just starting out. We became invested in their stories and I wish they'd do an update.

Trusted Contributor

Dr. Pol is on cable AND has a show on a non cable channel. Great for those who don't have cable.

Another good show is Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER.