Contributor

Disgusted with host (Gabriel? on at 9:48 PT or 12:48 ET, Friday Oct. 17th)

I am so disgusted with people who get rid of their dogs or cats and blame it on having children. Animals are a commitment with a forever home. The poor dog is probably in a shelter and will be put down. So many people think animals are disposable. She and others like her should not get animals. I was going to order more items in her show but I sure will never order again when she is the host.

Honored Contributor

Re: Disgusted with host (Gabriel? on at 9:48 PT or 12:48 ET, Friday Oct. 17th)

I didn't see this presentation or hear her story, but I have mixed feelings about this. I would have to hope, that working with people like Carolyn, she had great advice on getting it to a good rescue group or a good new home.

I personally would rather people find a good new home for a pet than neglect it, cage it and ignore it because the are too busy with work and kids to give a pet the time and attention it deserves. I would have to believe she wasn't so irresponsible as to dump it at a kill shelter. I'm sure she will have lots of comments on her FB page and maybe answer more questions about it on there.

Trusted Contributor

over45.... you made a lot of conclusions from her statement.... I find that everyone has to decide on their priorities.... this is supposed to be a free country.... however, it seems that there are so many people that judge others without knowing all the facts.... 2 babies in less than 2 years and a full time, very demanding job caused me to make some changes in my life many years ago.... I wish her the best.... I wish you the best, also.

Honored Contributor

I happen to agree with Over 45, I have seen this all too often during my rescue years. I can only hope that the animal finds a great permanent home. When DD came along, one of her first big laughing spells, at the age of about three-four months, was the cat walking by with it's long fluffy tail in the air. Animals and kids are a natural, until some adults turn them away.

Super Contributor

I thought Gabrielle said she found her dog a home and she goes to visit her...she said she removed Bella because her children were being aggressive toward her. According to Gabrielle, Bella is very happy in her new home. I'm an avid animal lover and have an amazing fur baby who I could never part with...however, there are extenuating circumstances sometimes unfortunately for some familiesSmiley Sad(((
Honored Contributor

What has this got to do with QVC?

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

What has this got to do with QVC? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If you will note, most threads have nothing to do with QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 game-on said:

over45.... you made a lot of conclusions from her statement.... I find that everyone has to decide on their priorities.... this is supposed to be a free country.... however, it seems that there are so many people that judge others without knowing all the facts.... 2 babies in less than 2 years and a full time, very demanding job caused me to make some changes in my life many years ago.... I wish her the best.... I wish you the best, also.

Living in a free country doesn't mean it's free from criticism. No one is jailing anyone for not keeping their pet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Over 45 said:

I am so disgusted with people who get rid of their dogs or cats and blame it on having children. Animals are a commitment with a forever home. The poor dog is probably in a shelter and will be put down. So many people think animals are disposable. She and others like her should not get animals. I was going to order more items in her show but I sure will never order again when she is the host.

I don't know anything about the temperament of the dog, but if I thought it might harm my two small children, I'd hope someone else could provide it with a loving home. She's just trying to be a good mother ..... how can you fault that? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

You're obligated to provide good care for a pet -- or to find a suitable home for it if it becomes impossible to keep it. There can be many reasons why it becomes impractical to keep a pet -- family members who develop pet allergies, a pet who doesn't get along with children, changes in your health that make it impossible for you to care for the animal, and more. No one should ever mistreat or neglect an animal -- but acquiring a pet is NOT the same as marriage, for pete's sake! You don't pledge "till death do us part", and sometimes real life issues make it impossible to keep an animal in your home. No reason the animal can't do well elsewhere; many do.