Trusted Contributor

I had my much loved Cat Dusty for 16 years. He recently passed. I noticed he urinated in and area and it smells bad. I have a small Bissell Cleaner and want to try to use it to remove the stain and odor. Can I use a cleaner in my Machine that does not need to be mixed? Please help me! How to you clean up messes from your Cats?

Esteemed Contributor

If you're using a full size or hand held carpet cleaner stick with what the mfg recommends. It's a small cost for a $ investment. These cleaners are low/no suds which keeps your carpet fresher/cleaner.

I'm sorry for the loss of your furbaby. I hope you find healing for your heart.

Trusted Contributor
On 10/15/2014 Snowpuppy said:

If you're using a full size or hand held carpet cleaner stick with what the mfg recommends. It's a small cost for a $ investment. These cleaners are low/no suds which keeps your carpet fresher/cleaner.

I'm sorry for the loss of your furbaby. I hope you find healing for your heart.

Thank you Snowpuppy and my Heart is healing in more ways than one. I am healing a Heart Attack from 3 weeks ago.

Super Contributor
I am so sorry for your loss. Your kitty lived a good long life but it's never long enough. I have both a small upright carpet cleaner and a small canister type one. I use only the recommended brand and amount of cleaner. One of the ones I use is a pet stain and odor one. It may take going over the area several times before it is odor free. I also use a product zero odor spray that works very well. Good luck and prayers being said for you.
Trusted Contributor

Bissell makes a wonderful cleaner for kitty urine odors. I have used the spray bottle on my carpet and got it at Pet Smart. I'm sure I saw the larger version for their carpet cleaners.

If this doesn't work, my vet gave me a hypodermic needle and told me to fill it with Zero Odor and inject it under the carpet. She said to put it in on the diagonal in an area larger than you think you need to. Hope this makes sense.

Trusted Contributor

I have a small bottle of Cleaner that came with my Bissell Spotbot. It is called 2X Ultra Pet Stain for Compacts. It also came with a small bottle of Cleaning Booster called Oxy Gen2 it also is a Cleanser. So I will try these. What is Zero Odor and where can I get it? Thank you all. I had Dusty for such a long time and miss him a lot. I do know it will take time as all Deaths do. Missing Dusty....

Honored Contributor

My Bissel has to be totally cleaned each time it is used so I don't understand why you have solution sitting in the machine.

Super Contributor
Didn't see a post where someone left solution in a carpet cleaner. Don't know what that meant. I think I've gotten Zero Odor at Bed Bath and Beyond but know you can get it at Amazon.
Trusted Contributor

Who said they leave cleaner in their Machine? Mine has not even been used yet.

Honored Contributor
Sorry, I misunderstood.