Super Contributor

My beloved dog is gone. Will the pain ever ease?

Hello fellow pet lovers. Saturday I had to put my little dog Faith to sleep. I held her in my arms as she slipped away. I sang to her as she lay lifeless.

I am so torn up. The pain is so deep it is physical. Waves and waves swallowing me up.

Does it get better? Will I ever recover? Will I ever be able to walk around my home without looking at the places with memories?

I just feel so devastated right now. I am sobbing as I write this.

Super Contributor

Re: My beloved dog is gone. Will the pain ever ease?

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a loved furbaby. Grieving is a long process, just like it is for our human family members. But eventually you will be able to remember all the good times with a smile instead of tears.

Your beloved Faith isn't in pain anymore, and I have faith she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Valued Contributor

Oh Canada, I am so, so, sorry. I know you are raw with grief right now and your heart is broken. It will get better, but right now all I can offer is a warm hug and a shoulder to lean on as you cry.

If you are up to it, we would love to hear more about Faith. sometimes talking helps, even if the memories make us cry...

whatever is best for you. Everyone grieves differently, just know that people here understand what you are going through.

{{{Canda61}}}

Godspeed little Faith...

Super Contributor

Thank you both. I just find myself questioning everything I did for her.

Honored Contributor

Canada - I'm sobbing with you, knowing how much my boy means to me and how I dread the day that will eventually come. Even though he's only 2 1/2 right now and has many years left, I know I'll be an absolute wreck. I've had to put down other pets, but it will be different with him, I know that as sure as I'm sitting here. Take comfort in the fact that your little Faith was loved and happy, and you gave her the best life possible. You will always miss her, but eventually you will get used to your new normal.

Super Contributor

Oh Jean, thank you, thank you for your kind words. I am just overwhelmed with sadness and guilt right now. I feel like I can't live through it.

Respected Contributor

Canada, I am so sorry for your loss of your precious little Faith. My heart just hurts for you, and I give you love and (((((((((HUGS)))))))). I have been there too.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Super Contributor

Faith was a special needs dog, I would look after her during the day. We had a routine and even though I have other dogs here , the house is so still. She was blind, so spent her days sleeping on the couch, she had her spot. The other dogs did not go on the couch but yesterday and today, 2 of them are on it, laying in Faith's spot. I walk by and look and it wrenches my heart out.

Super Contributor

I had spoke with the vet a month ago about some surgery for her, we both thought it would improve her quality of life. She is diabetic so infection is always a problem. She got an infection, her blood sugar was uncontrolled, she was in and out of vets last week. I knew the surgery was just too much for her. I should have done it much sooner. I just feel responsible.

The vet tech came in when Faith was at peace and told me I was a good pet parent. Said I had gone above and beyond and done all I could, I just looked at her through my sobbing and don't feel like that.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss.