Honored Contributor

My daughter's drawing for local Animal Orphanage

Carolean B. DeVine's photo.

She is my youngest daughter who lost her beloved "Minou" ragdoll companion early this year.

She is a graphics artist, but also a traditional artist. She uses many techniques.

I know this is a "brag," but it's just so cute.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Re: My daughter's drawing for local Animal Orphanage

Well, brag away, Ford! As Preds said in VP, it's in the mother's handbook! She has such a great talent and her love for animals certainly shows in her drawing.

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 HisElk said:

Well, brag away, Ford! As Preds said in VP, it's in the mother's handbook! She has such a great talent and her love for animals certainly shows in her drawing.

Thanks HisElk. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Ford, you go ahead and brag! Its precious!! Love it!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Emmy's mom

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Our kids deserve to be bragged on a little bit when they do such awesome things. This is beautiful work, both the art and the cause. I'd be proud too!

Valued Contributor

ITA, it is beautiful and you are right to be proud!

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 mominohio said:

Our kids deserve to be bragged on a little bit when they do such awesome things. This is beautiful work, both the art and the cause. I'd be proud too!

She loves animals, all kinds. She won't even step on an ant.

She works full time, does freelance at night, and volunteers at both the Orphanage and PetSmart every week. She walks the walk.

She used to demonstrate with PETA, but stopped because she got things thrown at her from passing cars. They all did. Now with guns in such proliferation, she is afraid to do it anymore. You can't imagine how angry people get, I could never understand it.

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

Oh, how precious! Gorgeous artwork!

Extraordinary how your daughter was able to replicate the delightful expression on the faces of the cat & dog -- each reveling in the sheer joy of their companionship!

Love it. You have a very talented daughter. How nice for you. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 10/13/2014 mominohio said:

She loves animals, all kinds. She won't even step on an ant.

She works full time, does freelance at night, and volunteers at both the Orphanage and PetSmart every week. She walks the walk.

She used to demonstrate with PETA, but stopped because she got things thrown at her from passing cars. They all did. Now with guns in such proliferation, she is afraid to do it anymore. You can't imagine how angry people get, I could never understand it.

I am in awe of her, what a wonderful daughter you have! I feel the same about animals!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Beautiful! - bless her talent an loving heart. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Yours as well, 'Mama', in helping raise her to be unique individual she was destined at birth to become ("children don't come from us, but through us")

Here's the link to their homepage:

http://www.theanimalorphanage.org/