Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner October 13 - 19, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner October 13 - 19, 2014

Happy Columbus Day! Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning all! Columbus day? No wonder no one has there garbage out this morning. Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing that all of you dear friends have a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Matty... Thanks for the reminder about no garbage pick-up today! Earlier this morning,out of habit and completely forgetting that today is a holiday{#emotions_dlg.blink} I put three big bags of garbage into the large metal bin that I have at the end of the driveway. Now I have to haul it all back and put the garbage back into the cans that I keep in the garage!

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 beastielove said:

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing that all of you dear friends have a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Matty... Thanks for the reminder about no garbage pick-up today! Earlier this morning,out of habit and completely forgetting that today is a holiday{#emotions_dlg.blink} I put three big bags of garbage into the large metal bin that I have at the end of the driveway. Now I have to haul it all back and put the garbage back into the cans that I keep in the garage!

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Libby, [your welcome BJ] and I had our three dogs on leash ready for there morning walk. I had a lot of garbage this week four cans. Libby kept saying Mom wait ... I said just a minute Libby
and I put the cans out with the heavy bags. Now what is it Lib?.... Mom there is no garbage today, It is Columbus day! The look on our threesome was so funny as they were looking at Mom like she is a lunatic as I was hauling the heavy garbage cans back to the beginning of our garage. I was wondering how many neighbors were looking at me hauling them back I must have looked a sight.{#emotions_dlg.blush} Next time I listen to Lib... have a great day everyone! Anna

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday Honkers

My dear friend Canada lost her sweet Faith and posted on pet forum. If you get a chance go to petloss and light a candle for Faith.

Click on light a virtual candle in the middle of the page after you scroll down. Then click on search. Look up group ""QVC"" and you should see it.

sheltie- I saw yours and I know it means a lot to her.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Tuesday Morning Greetings

MoJoV and panda.... I know that both of your areas of the country (Chicago and Atlanta) have been hit with devastating weather and pray that you're both safe and sound.

Doxie... Will post on Canada's thread as soon as I've finished this post and will also light a candle for her beloved furbaby at the petloss site.

Matty... It's a good thing that I didn't bring the garbage back into the garage. While I was getting ready for work I heard the garbage truck pull up...guess they didn't have the day off either!

Wishing everyone a totally pawsome day!

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

It is a gorgeous fall day here in WNY. It may get up to 80, which is a little warm and kind of odd for this time of year. Worries me with all the rapid swings of temperatures can bring some treacherous weather. Will enjoy it for now though! Hope MoJo and Panda are safe where they are, and hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Tuesday everyone. It's raining cats and dogs here and is quite balmy. More like April than October. Beastie, thank you for thinking of me. The really bad weather went south of here, thank goodness. I hope you and your furkids are doing well, too.

Daisy is completely fine now after her ordeal with the fall she took. She's such a little acrobat always jumping and twisting. I was worried about her, tho.

And BIG NEWS! Angie let DH put her leash and collar on. She has never let him do this in the 4 years we've had her so this is huge. Maybe she finally is seeing him as a friend. Somebody really messed this poor girl up. I always tell her she won the doggie lotto when we adopted her. I don't know what she's been through but that's all in the past for her now.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Beastie and Sheltie: Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers. It was rough going this morning. It was hard to try and keep the little ones from being scared. The most severe weather was to the north of us. MoJoV: Glad you came through, too! Doxie: I went on the pet loss website but couldn't find my way around. I did leave Canada a message on her thread, here. I certainly hope she is doing alright. We all know how hard that is to overcome. Did you get a chance to see those doxie jammies? I haven't seen my mom to get mine yet. I am only 4'11 so she is hemming them for me.

Happy Tuesday night, PCC friends and furbabies! God's blessings to everyone today! Emory University Hospital radiology did finally call me yesterday. I will go on Monday to meet the radiologist who will do my surgery. I will know more, hopefully, then. Trying to concentrate on the kinderkiddos this week to take my mind off of everything. They do put smiles on your face when you need it.

As always, I am so thankful to call each and every one of you a friend!

Hugs, prayers and love,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!