Respected Contributor

My DD is considering one of these, but isn't totally convinced they work.

Does anyone have one and are you completely satisfied with the claim that there is little to no smell?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor
If you have a smaller cat I think it would work great. At the time, I had two cats and it turned out to be a pain. The cats were about 15 lbs each and their #2 would get stuck in the machine when it raked the litter. I don't remember the brand, but it had two size units. I had the larger unit. I'm not sure about smell, that wasn't an issue for me. I find the clumping litter that you scoop works better. I use arm and hammer clump and seal. No dusty foot prints anymore.
Frequent Contributor

I bought one a few years back but got rid of it fairly quickly. One of my cats was terrified of it. He would sit outside the door of the room where the box was, and he would would stare with a terrified look on his face while the other cat used the box. Instead of using the "monster" litter box that would surely eat him, he used the various rugs throughout the house. I had a choice, get rid of the box or bring my cat to a therapist. LOL

I really didn't have the box long enough to know how well it worked, but the person I gave it to loved it.

Respected Contributor

Well, then, that's a wrap. I'll inform my DD. Thanks so much for your input.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

The other problem is that you really need more than one. It takes a while for it to be cleaned, so the cat has to wait to use the box. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor
No good in my opinion. I thought it was a much bigger task to tend to than a regular litter box.