Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner September 22 - 28, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner September 22 - 28, 2014

Ah, summer is at its end. After a warm and breezy weekend it is cold, grey and windy this morning. Hopefully just some morning clouds!

Doxie, loved your story about the girls at the duck pond and the goose coming to your rescue. Friendship really knows no bounds.

Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Happy that summer is finally over.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Never liked summer the heat and humidity and the bugs.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Looking forward to real cold, snowy weather this coming winter Love the cold. Fall is my favorite season Libby and I worked real hard on our fall /Halloween décor this year inside and out. But, we enjoyed it and everything looks wonderful. Have a great "Fall" week all!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing that all of you dear friends have a wonderful day today...the last day of Summer (Fall arrives around 10:30 PM EST)..and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends!

I wanted to share that my dh is finally full time! It has been a stressful almost 2 years but God is good!

God's blessings to everyone on this very first day of Autumn!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Super Contributor

Hi there Sheltie, Beastie, Matty and Panda. Hope all is well with everyone.

Panda that is great, so happy to hear that. Good luck to him. My dh lost his job 6 months ago and hasn't been able to find anything yet. I hope he finds something soon, no longer can get unemployment insurance. Not a good situation to be in. I've been doing a novena to St. Jude. According to my Mom, he's the one to turn to at a time like this.

Matty, I'm looking forward to the cold weather also. I think we're in the minority! But I do hate the heat, although it wasn't too bad this summer. It's been gorgeous in New England lately. The weather has been almost ideal. Very lucky. Hope it continues through the winter, not hearing good things so far. We'll see.

Hero is doing great. He's had some skin allergies we're dealing with. Hope they go away soon. Vet said to dab vinegar on it. Seems to help a little.

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone. We're going to the Big E tomorrow, the big fair for the New England states. I'm so excited. Will be a perfect weather day too. Hero sending deaf white boxer {{{{{hugs and kisses}}}}} to all his friends.!!

Honored Contributor

panda... I am so very happy for you and your DH!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I well remember every time you posted when he was going for job interviews and always prayed that he'd get hired.

NC... Sending out lots of prayers to your DH that he finds employment soon..even if it starts out to be part time job. It can always lead to a full time position.

Where is the Big E fair being held...in CT? I never heard of it before and I live fairly close to CT (I'm in Rockland County,NY...which holds up one end of the "lovely" Tappan Zee Bridge).

Wishing everyone a totally fur-tastic day!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/23/2014 NChgOfMyAttitude said:

Hi there Sheltie, Beastie, Matty and Panda. Hope all is well with everyone.

Panda that is great, so happy to hear that. Good luck to him. My dh lost his job 6 months ago and hasn't been able to find anything yet. I hope he finds something soon, no longer can get unemployment insurance. Not a good situation to be in. I've been doing a novena to St. Jude. According to my Mom, he's the one to turn to at a time like this.

Matty, I'm looking forward to the cold weather also. I think we're in the minority! But I do hate the heat, although it wasn't too bad this summer. It's been gorgeous in New England lately. The weather has been almost ideal. Very lucky. Hope it continues through the winter, not hearing good things so far. We'll see.

Hero is doing great. He's had some skin allergies we're dealing with. Hope they go away soon. Vet said to dab vinegar on it. Seems to help a little.

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone. We're going to the Big E tomorrow, the big fair for the New England states. I'm so excited. Will be a perfect weather day too. Hero sending deaf white boxer {{{{{hugs and kisses}}}}} to all his friends.!!

You live in a very pretty place NChgOFMYAttitute New England and yes we are in the minority. We have two homes one in Central NJ and the other we call [Steve and I] our retirement home it is a 100 year old house in upstate NY. It is very rustic and this year we started the renovations on it. And will continue that little by little. We look forward to be going up next month to do some cleaning and some yard work. It was willed to us by Stevens Aunt and we love it. It is beautiful here too [NJ] love that it gets cooler in the evening so we can sleep beautifully though the night. Say hello to Hero and my three pooches send waves to himSmile.Have a nice day!{#emotions_dlg.sleep}

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/22/2014 panda lady said:

Happy Monday to my PCC friends!

I wanted to share that my dh is finally full time! It has been a stressful almost 2 years but God is good!

God's blessings to everyone on this very first day of Autumn!

Hugs, prayers and love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

panda... That is what I am talking about! WONDERFUL NEWS! Now you can relax and enjoy the beautiful fall season and the holidays that are almost upon us! I am so happy for you and your husband. And it is so nice to hear some good news on these threads. Godspeed panda. Have a great day!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Hugs for panda and her hubs!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Smile{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Just wanted to pass a bit of information, but you probably know this! But I just found this out and wanted to share. My dog tested positive for Lyme Disease, and even the second test. Treatment costs can be expensive (the tests certainly were). Anyway, there are two treatment methods, one is with doxycycline and the other is with amoxicillan. The doxycycline is expensive, and causes vomiting more readily (from what I've learned). Amoxicillan is less upsetting to the dog's stomach and costs far less. ALSO…if your vet calls it into a regular pharmacy, if you have AAA, they will dramatically discount your prescription! The doxycycline from the vet was over $90.00!!! I had him call a regular pharmacy and prescribe amoxicillan and showed my AAA card and got the same effective dosage for $7.00!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}