Honored Contributor

wits end ---- kitty saga continued!!!

about a week ago or so I posted for help with my cat pe*****ing on my foyer tiles!!! well took to vet nothing wrong!!! good for a few days and this AM my entire foyer was wet!!!! omg he must have been "holding it" .... I'm really at my wits end help!!! I am not sure what else to do ---- cleaned with enzymes bought cat attract vet new food .... ?????????? thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: wits end ---- kitty saga continued!!!

Is there a rug in the foyer?

Honored Contributor

No throw or are rugs I. My house now I rolled them all up and put in garage! Sadly I think my kitty has taken a turn for the Worse! I just called the vet who will see me on Monday Again!
Honored Contributor

Better on your tile than on your bed. I once had an old cat who began doing this, what a nightmare! Usually, bad behavior such as this in a cat is due to an illness, age, or it is unhappy with other pets in the home, etc.

Super Contributor

You must take steps to re-train your cat to use the litter box.

First thing to do is to isolate your cat in a bedroom so he doesn't have the run of the house. Place a litter box in the bedroom and fill it with CAT ATTRACT litter. Leave the top off so he can see what's going on around him. Keep him in the bedroom for a week or two until he is using the litter box faithfully.

Is the cat piddling on the foyer tiles exclusively? Or does he piddle other places?

Are you using a cleaner on the tiles that might contain ammonia?

Have you tried spraying FOUR PAWS KEEP OFF on the tile? This deterrent works well to discourage cats from piddling.

If I knew exactly where his litter boxes are, where he hangs out the most and where he is making mistakes, I could be more of a help to you. I have had very good success with re-training cats to use their litter boxes.

Honored Contributor

Also, if it's repeatedly in that area there could be a feral cat or outdoor kitty who is visiting the outside perimeter of your home and your kitty is marking his turf. I saw a kitty do this on My Cat From H#$&.

Honored Contributor

jeremihah2911 I can't retrain him as I've got the feeling that the tiles may give him comfort from the coolness. he's been laying on my lap for hours and I know he is thin esp since he is a long haired mixed Maine coon style cat. I keep trying a lot of things but in the end the same result. I pray for him as I feel the vet has missed something and hopefully the new one will give me better results. thank you for your wonderful ideas
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 homedecor1 said: jeremihah2911 I can't retrain him as I've got the feeling that the tiles may give him comfort from the coolness. he's been laying on my lap for hours and I know he is thin esp since he is a long haired mixed Maine coon style cat. I keep trying a lot of things but in the end the same result. I pray for him as I feel the vet has missed something and hopefully the new one will give me better results. thank you for your wonderful ideas

Sad to hear that your kitty is still suffering. Good idea to take him to a new vet.

We had a cat in our family that had been to the their vet several times and they found nothing wrong with him.

Then we took the cat to our vet and he decided to treat our cat for feline cystitis.

Our vet thought he had urinary crystals that were causing him pain when he tried to piddle; and because he associated the litter with pain, he developed an aversion to the litter box.

Our vet gave him antibiotics, a prednisone shot and fluids under his skin. He also put him on a prescription diet; canned and dry. Our cat improved within about a week.

I isolated him in our bedroom and re-trained him to use his litter box. He has been healthy since then and has used his litter box faithfully since then as well.

In the meantime, can you isolate him in a bedroom so he is close to his litter box and doesn't have access to the tiled area?

I don't know if this is what's wrong with your cat -- just relaying the information about how things can sometimes get missed by vets.

In any case, I truly hope that this new vet finds out what is going on with your kitty and that your kitty is treated and gets better.

I will be praying for him (and for you, too.) Take good care.

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 homedecor1 said: about a week ago or so I posted for help with my cat pe*****ing on my foyer tiles!!! well took to vet nothing wrong!!! good for a few days and this AM my entire foyer was wet!!!! omg he must have been "holding it" .... I'm really at my wits end help!!! I am not sure what else to do ---- cleaned with enzymes bought cat attract vet new food .... ?????????? thanks!

Hello, homedecor1.

I heard once on a tv show that a man named Jackson Galaxy said that sometimes cats will go to the bathroom all over the place because there are other cats in their territory and that makes them feel insecure. Are there any cats or stray cats wandering around your property?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

On 9/21/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/20/2014 homedecor1 said: about a week ago or so I posted for help with my cat pe*****ing on my foyer tiles!!! well took to vet nothing wrong!!! good for a few days and this AM my entire foyer was wet!!!! omg he must have been "holding it" .... I'm really at my wits end help!!! I am not sure what else to do ---- cleaned with enzymes bought cat attract vet new food .... ?????????? thanks!

Hello, homedecor1.

I heard once on a tv show that a man named Jackson Galaxy said that sometimes cats will go to the bathroom all over the place because there are other cats in their territory and that makes them feel insecure. Are there any cats or stray cats wandering around your property?

I have heard this too. Wash down your front door and porch. Or, you can get a small black light (sold in pet stores near the pee cleaners) to see if anything glows on the outside of your house - check doors, siding, walkways, mulch - and then wash thoroughly. If so, you may have to get a deterrent to spray around the outside of your house. Good luck. Don't give up on him yet.