Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 Chihuahuas and they have doggy steps now but we are in need of new steps for them to be able to get up on our bed. Can anyone recommend any that work well for your little doggies?

Honored Contributor

Are your current steps too steep? Is that the problem? I use a chair next to my bed for my chihuahua but there are lots of different height steps.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I fell over my nice set of dog steps in the middle of the night and broke them and couldn't find the same model anymore - when I was shopping online for something different the prices were out of this world.

I ended up buying an upholstered storage bench for the end of the bed, it come to half the height of the bed, the dogs just hop up and hop onto the bed. I spent the same amount of money and I have extra storage space now.

Honored Contributor

How about these from Plow & Hearth?

Honored Contributor

Being a person who does not believe in animals being on the furniture I would say get a dog bed and put it beside your bed for the dog.

Regular Contributor

Oh I got some replies!!

Our steps are the doggy steps that has the sheepskin cover on them. They are a plastic under that. The sheepskin material is worn out. Oh and we also had to put wood under the steps so it was higher.

We for sure have to do steps because one of our Chihs is almost blind. I need to find some that are a wider on the step itself.

I think we might try Pet Gear Easy Step III. I wish they would sell nice steps in the stores so I can return them easier if they do not work out for us.

happy housewife, Our dogs are 9 and 14. They have been sleeping with us from the day we got them. We tried the crate for the first night and they would whine and bark so it will not work to put dog beds beside ours.

Oh and lolakimono the Plow & Hearth steps are a wee bit pricey for the 3 step but Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you for all your replies!

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Sissyrose said:

Oh I got some replies!!

Our steps are the doggy steps that has the sheepskin cover on them. They are a plastic under that. The sheepskin material is worn out. Oh and we also had to put wood under the steps so it was higher.

We for sure have to do steps because one of our Chihs is almost blind. I need to find some that are a wider on the step itself.

I think we might try Pet Gear Easy Step III. I wish they would sell nice steps in the stores so I can return them easier if they do not work out for us.

happy housewife, Our dogs are 9 and 14. They have been sleeping with us from the day we got them. We tried the crate for the first night and they would whine and bark so it will not work to put dog beds beside ours.

Oh and lolakimono the Plow & Hearth steps are a wee bit pricey for the 3 step but Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you for all your replies!

If I hadn't found the storage bench, the PetGear Easy Step III was what I was going to buy. I have elderly dogs also and those are the only steps that are nice and wide for an older animal to use easily.

Respected Contributor

I have some steps similar to these. They are expensive but I am glad that I bought them because I had already spent money on several cheap others with no results. I have had these steps 5 years now and my Shelties bound up and down them. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampSteps, 3 Step

I got them from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I have some steps similar to these. They are expensive but I am glad that I bought them because I had already spent money on several cheap others with no results. I have had these steps 5 years now and my Shelties bound up and down them. Pet Studio Pine Frame Dog RampSteps, 3 Step

I got them from Amazon.

Regular Contributor

I was thinking the same thing pistolino.

Those steps look good too conlt..I will have to check them out.

Thanks!!