Regular Contributor

Is there a sofa cover that has a non-skid backing so it stays on the sofa?

I've tried a few sofa covers and they all slip off the sofa and I'm constantly having to rearrange it which is annoying. Anyone find a good sofa cover that stays put and doesn't have this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a sofa cover that has a non-skid backing so it stays on the sofa?

One slipcover I bought years age came with these knobby pipe-like pieces of plastic to stuff into the tucked in sections and they worked great to lock the slipcover in place.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

We have lots of pets. We use two full-size, 100% cotton quilted coverlets to cover our sectional downstairs. I launder the coverlets every two to three weeks. Our sofa is protected and because the coverlet fabric does not cause any wear and tear on the sofa fabric, our sectional looks like new.

Something to consider: If you are buying a covering for an upholstered sofa you need to buy a covering that will not cause wear and tear to the fabric that's on the sofa.

I would imagine that any type of sofa cover that has a non-skid backing would cause wear and tear to your sofa. Also, non-skid backing is usually rubber, which can attract pets to piddle on it since most plastic and rubber items are cured with AMMONIA. And pets are attracted to AMMONIA as it is a component of piddle.

I'd suggest that you look for a full-size quilted coverlet in a solid color that you find attractive with your décor. They stay in place, can be laundered repeatedly and can be easily be folded and put away if need be. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

We have a chair slip cover that has very tight elastic and does not move. Of course we only discovered this after a few years of purchasing other ones that we were not happy with. This particular chair is one that's used a lot, too. By kids. So you know it's on there. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Purchased from SureFit.

Honored Contributor

There is this rubbery stuff sold in rolls .... don't know the name, but it has a waffle weave and is usually called shelf lining. They sell it at dollar stores, as well as Target and Walmart.

I have found this to work GREAT to anchor throw rugs that are prone to sliding, so maybe, rather than buy new covers, spend a couple bucks to see if this will help. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}