Valued Contributor

Tonight I saw a post on Craigslist about this really cute little "yorkie-mix puppy for sale/rehome. When I opened it up there was this picture of this adorable little black puppy. Well 3 pictures. Anyway I recognized the pictures because I had seen the same post & picture about 2 or 3 weeks earlier. Except adifferent town. Here in our area, towns are like 15 miles apart. When I had seen the post last time I wanted to go see the puppy but had to work that night, so thought I would get up in the morning & send a message & if they still had it go see it. Got up next morning, the ad or post wasn't there. Ok figured it had found a home. Now tonight...the exact same little dog, same post, just different town. So I thought maybe someone got the little guy & couldnt keep him so he was up for rehoming again. So thought as soon as I get home from work I am going to text them & just ask what was going on. When I got home & opened my phone to the add it said "this add was flagged for removal & will be taken off shortly" So I wondered if someone might know if this was maybe a scam of some kind? I am really new to Craigslist. Just started following it oh say last couple of months so I'm not really up on anything like that. The little dog is so adorable but weird about the 2 different towns. Figured some of you guys might know what was happening.

Super Contributor

Re: Question about Craigslist

Probably scumbags flipping the poor thing, each one making a little more money. And others are onto what these people are doing, and flagging the ad. Craigslist brings out the lowest of the low, the bottom feeders.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I wouldn't touch that or Facebook, Twitter all that 'social media'. We got enough crazies in the world without putting your self in harms way. Count me out.

Respected Contributor

Or worse yet, there's no dog at all, the poster is trying to lure in victims to be abducted and trafficked, or just assaulted and left for dead on some back road. Nobody should EVER try to adopt a pet from a Craigslist ad! Check your local shelters and reputable rescue organizations!!!

Honored Contributor

I see dogs for sale on Craigslist, or free, all the time and it makes me sick.

Valued Contributor

I hate that Craigslist allows the sale or adoption of living pets. Who knows what kind of dirt bags are trafficking animals. My advice is to go to your local shelter or a rescue group for an animal.
Super Contributor

puppy trafficking - don't buy.

Super Contributor

There have been a couple murders and shootings the past year here where I live due to CL transactions.

Super Contributor

Scam