Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner August 25 - 31, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner August 25 - 31, 2014

Wow, I can't believe this is the last week in August. Summers just go too fast.

Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning to all and there fur children... In a few weeks we will be picking up the little guy [Our greyhound Dash] He had a slight infection in his ear which he is getting medication for and he was separated from mom and the other siblings until he is feeling better. I noticed he was rubbing his ear against everything and anything he could when we came to visit him. We called on Saturday and there is already an improvement. I will probably call this afternoon to get a update. I was happy to learn that all the puppies in the litter are going to be adopted out around the same time we will be picking up Dash. They are beautiful dogs. The Momma dog also has a wonderful forever home to go to as she was adopted as well. She is a beauty and is three years old she will be spayed when she is finished nursing. Hoping this post finds everyone well. Libby said hello as she was running for her day camp bus. I agree Sheltie the summer is going by so fast.. We are going to miss Tanya who will be starting back in a few days and Libby will be starting JH two days after labor Day have a great week all!

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing that all of you dear friends have a most fantastic day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much love,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday Night Greetings

Guess what?I was able to take Angie for a walk earlier this evening because it didn't feel like a huge hot wet blanket outside this evening. Ugh, its been vile here. Ang was a very happy girl. I've totally given up walking Daisy, she's just too high strung. It's scary to see her reaction to other people or dogs we may see during a walk. I know that sounds weird about a 10 lb dog,but it is quite a sight to see her "pitch her fit."

I hope the teachers here are enjoying their first few days at school.

Matty and family I'm excited for you to get Dash home,what fun. We considered adopting a greyhound,too. We ended up with our sweet very very very shy Angie. I'm glad we did, because she's so shy I don't know many people who would put up with her antics. She's still a little afraid of my DH after 3 years of nothing but kindness and patience on his part.

Sheltie I think this has been the fastest summer I've ever had (in adulthood). You know as a kid, summer seemed to last about a week{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/26/2014 MoJoV said:

Tuesday Night Greetings

Guess what?I was able to take Angie for a walk earlier this evening because it didn't feel like a huge hot wet blanket outside this evening. Ugh, its been vile here. Ang was a very happy girl. I've totally given up walking Daisy, she's just too high strung. It's scary to see her reaction to other people or dogs we may see during a walk. I know that sounds weird about a 10 lb dog,but it is quite a sight to see her "pitch her fit."

Matty and family I'm excited for you to get Dash home,what fun. We considered adopting a greyhound,too. We ended up with our sweet very very very shy Angie. I'm glad we did, because she's so shy I don't know many people who would put up with her antics. She's still a little afraid of my DH after 3 years of nothing but kindness and patience on his part.

Sheltie I think this has been the fastest summer I've ever had (in adulthood). You know as a kid, summer seemed to last about a week{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Matty6 said:
On 8/26/2014 MoJoV said:

Tuesday Night Greetings

I am glad that Angie found her way to you and your husband. We had a shy timid lab/mix pooch named Shana a long time ago. She never did warm up to my husband but, he loved her just the same. She finally came around after living with us for several years she just went over to Steven and let him pet her. He was so happy and so was Shana. Wink

Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday PCC friends and furbabies,

Just a quick visit! Wow, we are nearing the end of our first month of school! Lots of littles sick last week. Stomach issues abound. I am trying to stay sanitized and well. Usually, my immune system gets one "whiff" of a germ, and that's it for me. At least we're off on Monday and then we have our "fall break" the first week of October!

God's blessings to you all this week!

Hugs, prayers and love,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Honk! Is it TGIF yet?
Honored Contributor

Friday Morning Greetings

Boy..this week sure flew by...just like the summer did!{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Wishing all of you dear friends a pleasant day today and that it marks the beginning of a wonderful,chill-laxing Labor Day week-end!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}