Respected Contributor

Blue Buffalo Brand Cat & Dog Food.....WOW!

Smile

After reading many postive reviews about this brand, I decided to give it a try. For my adult Golden Retriever, I bought the Blue Wilderness Adult Chicken. For the cats, I bought the dry Blue for sensitive stomachs.

My Golden was a rescue & has been the most finicky eater I've ever seen. I've only tried the top USA brands for him, but he hasn't really loved ANY of them. This has gone on for 4 years. {#emotions_dlg.sad} The Blue Wilderness is the first food he actually LOVES & looks forward to eating. Whew, finally!

The cats have been super-difficult to find the perfect food for. Recently, I had some eating Taste of the Wild, & some eating Solid Gold. OMG, the vomits....daily....everywhere...from both brands. I couldn't keep up with it. I don't like messes or smells so I had to look for yet another brand. Over the years, I'm not sure how many I've tried- I've lost track.

All of them have been eating the Blue Buffalo sensitive for 2 weeks now. They ALL love the flavor, & I've only seen 1 vomit since starting it. Mind you, one cat threw up every single day, sometimes twice a day (she's always had trouble with hairballs). She hasn't thrown up at all....I'm so happy!

Hopefully all the postives maintain. I have 1 cat that loses hair when she eats certain brands (seriously, it never ends!) It falls out in patches around her back legs & behind area until you just see skin. Her name is Boo, so when this happens I call her Bald Butt Boo. Her "pants" are currently back on, so hopefully they don't fall off again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Buffalo Brand Cat & Dog Food.....WOW!

Great news! Knowing how my GR will eat anything that's put in front of him, I can't imagine one being finicky. What a relief to find a brand that agrees with all your furbabies. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Golden I am so GLAD your babies love their new food. Mine loves grain free, Natures recipe..so sorry it took me so long to find it for her. She always had a sensitive tummy and skin issues, no more!

Wanted to add. I give papaya enzymes to Emmy. I have a frind that tells me they're great for hairballs! Her dog never has them anymore, think she heard about it from a breeder..Emmy and I share them, lol. Get mine at Walmart and they're not expensive either!

I hope Boo keeps her pants on, bless her heart!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Huh? .... Keeps her pants on?

Esteemed Contributor

So glad you found something that works, it can be such a never ending nightmare finding what works for our furkids.

I got such a kick out of your Bald Butt Boo pants reference. I call my little Brussels Griffon Daisy "Hair Pants" because thats what it looks like when you see her from the back. Luckily Daisy keeps her pants on!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Huh? .... Keeps her pants on? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"Pants", meaning the hair on her behind & back legs that falls out if she eats certain foods.

Smile

Currently her pants are on- a MUCH better look for her!

Respected Contributor

On 8/23/2014 MoJoV said:

So glad you found something that works, it can be such a never ending nightmare finding what works for our furkids.

I got such a kick out of your Bald Butt Boo pants reference. I call my little Brussels Griffon Daisy "Hair Pants" because thats what it looks like when you see her from the back. Luckily Daisy keeps her pants on!!

I love Brussels....so cute. Smile

Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Great news! Knowing how my GR will eat anything that's put in front of him, I can't imagine one being finicky. What a relief to find a brand that agrees with all your furbabies. Hopefully it will stay that way.

My rescue Goldens have all had some sort of eating issue....but that didn't ever stop them from getting the Golden "chubs"! Once they hit 5 years old, I really have to watch their weight.

Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 graceandmercy said:

Wanted to add. I give papaya enzymes to Emmy. I have a frind that tells me they're great for hairballs! Her dog never has them anymore, think she heard about it from a breeder..Emmy and I share them, lol. Get mine at Walmart and they're not expensive either!

I hope Boo keeps her pants on, bless her heart!!

Good info about the papaya- thank you! Smile