Super Contributor

Tiggi, my Maine Coon, may have cancer :(

She hasn't been herself lately, not wanting to eat much, hiding, acting puny. She was 14 in July.. I took her to the ER tonight, they did xrays and bloodwork and they saw some type of mass on/or near her liver. Smiley Sad Waiting on blood work results now. Her ears were jaundiced, too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tiggi, my Maine Coon, may have cancer :(

Oh No! Speedy prayers are being sent to you and Tiggi. I hope you get good news. I so hate when our babies are ill. I am thinking about you.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, no -- I'm so sorry to hear this about Tiggi! I can feel the fear in your words awaiting these test results -- know that we are thinking about you and your beloved fighter girl and praying that treatment is available.

Please keep us posted as you are able.

(((Tiggi)))

Super Contributor

Still no word.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Indy, I'm so sorry to hear about your job, too. You're dealing with an enormous amount of stress. Just try to breathe and hang in there for your girl until you know something.

We're here on standby as you need us. You were so strong for our Schmoo -- I'll never forget when his "Aunt Debby" checked in on him every day.

Super Contributor

Thank you, Sammycat. The bloodwork really didn't show anything, she may have an ultrasound tomorrow. She said she was slightly anemic though. Kidneys were fine.

Super Contributor

Also, Dr. Webb, who I'd been going to for years, --- he sold out to a local (Noah's Animal Hospitals). They recently moved less than a mile from me, and they are now open 24/7/365...and one of the only vets here in Central Indiana to have a new MRI machine (and a cat scan too).

Esteemed Contributor

We're with you. It sounds like you do have some positives, which is good. Are they keeping her overnight?

Great news about how close your animal hospital is, and that they have all the up-to-date equipment that's needed.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for all this and will be praying for Tiggi.I have always had a special fondness for my boys lady friend and I hope its not cancer.Its truly lousy about your job and so very unfair but I learned the hard way too after 23 years and told I had 2 weeks as the practice was sold and I wasn't going with it.

Please update on Tiggi when you can.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

No, she is here at home. Getting lots of extra loving. And she ate good tonight, too. I was so desperate to get her to eat she's now eating smelly Friskies Senior salmon canned. And thankfully, keeping it down.