Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner August 11 - 17, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner August 11 - 17, 2014

Happy Monday. I hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning GreetingsSmile

Wishing all of my dear friends a very pleasant day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hoping that all is well with you,your families and your precious furry and feathered babies.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Good morning! We all took a drive to the rescue shelter to visit Dash-boy [as Libby calls him] He is beautiful and looks a little different from the rest of the litter, he is grey mixed with a little white and a darker grey. He has sort of a freckled little face mostly grey with some white mixed in, his brothers and sisters are mostly all grey. He also has a blue ribbon with a tiny jingle bell on it that jingles as we were calling him over. He is adorable and the name fits him perfectly. The mother also has the white freckled face as Dash-boy has so maybe this will stay this way I hope so because, it looks so cute on him and beautiful on his mother. He will be able to come home with us in few weeks. I hope so because Libby was crying all the way home.. I think she thought he was coming home that day so she was very disappointed but, when she got home and saw our other three dogs she felt a bit better. And was distracted for the moment. Here's wishing you all a peaceful week! Anna

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday

beauty- I was laughing at the visual of Cookie's butt in your face while you were typing. They know how to get our attention.{#emotions_dlg.lol} I am glad you are surviving and that Cookie is doing well.

Michelle- I hope you stop by. We start a new thread each week thanks to sheltie mom.

sheltiemom- it must be weeks before your first _now.

matty - I know you are excited about your puppy. Wait…..Dash as in KarDashian?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

beastie-I hope all is well with your crew as well.

Hopefully the flooding rain will stop. We were getting 4 -6 inches in an hour and a lot of people are thing swimming lessons. I remember about some people in the north getting 9 inches in an hour and I can NOT imagine that much rain. I did have to visit the water closet more when all that rain came down.

Now most of you know that low rider dogs do not care to go out in the wet stuff. When I take the girls out and they see the wet stuff they put on the brakes and about knock me down. I made them go out anyway and Liebchen gave me a stink look. She went ahed and went off the edge of the driveway to potty in the mulch filled bed. Well you can imagine her surprise when instead of landing on firm mulch she went underwater and was doing the doggie paddle through mulch. It looked like mulch but it was all floating on the massive rain. I fished her out and she gave me a double stink eye. I found a safe place to potty and then brought her in to dry her off and warm her up. The next time we went to potty she stayed in her bed and gave me a stink eye as if to say, I am not falling for that again.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Kardashian .... No connection ......heaven forbid! Now that's a scary thought LOL

Respected Contributor

Matty- That is funny. My brain was spinning wondering. I am glad that Dash will just be dash as in dashing!

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Doxie said:

Matty- That is funny. My brain was spinning wondering. I am glad that Dash will just be dash as in dashing!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

doxie

AH yes, thanks doxie!Wink

Valued Contributor

Hi all, made it through Monday!

beastielove, thank you for helping me start out the week!

matty, your little Dash sounds so cute. My Lily has a freckle face too! How soon before you can bring him home? It's been so long since I've had a puppy, but I remember after my first Sheltie passed away, it only took me about 2 weeks to know I needed another dog and I found one, but of course I had to wait until the puppy was old enough to bring home. I remember DH helped build a pen in our kitchen and I spent the time "decorating" the baby's new room, lol! Maybe that's what Libby can do to get all set for Dash's arrival.

Doxie, holy cow, that is a serious amount of rain you are getting! Wow, I don't blame the girls at all for not wanting to go out to potty! Seriously, my backyard floods once in a while and I get beside myself trying to find a safe spot for the dog to go. I mean you can shovel _now, but there's not much to do with all that water.

Prayers going out to Michelle and her family.

Waving hi to every one this evening, QsZoo, NChg, Mojo, panda, beauty, dapet, teganslaw, x-stitch, grandkids, and I know I'm leaving people out, but I don't mean to!

And with the very sad news tonight... RIP Robin Williams. God speed.

Super Contributor

Just doing a quick fly -by to let you all know I am still alive. This has been a very busy summer filled with watching the grandbaby, family events, visiting, and mostly working, either on our own place or my sons. Since I am involved with EARS (Empire Animal Rescue) I have taken over trapping the feral cats here in the "Park "and turning them over to the rescue, who takes them to be medically treated and neutered. So far, we have taken 14 cats to them. My husband and I have contributed financially and I have dropped off needed supplies such as litter and food (from Precious, of course) My husband has also hit up the Park's owner for a donation, too. We still have about four more to get. Between that and family, I have been too busy to even quilt much. Just thought I would update you all on my doings. Will get back to "normal " when we return to Florida next month.