Frequent Contributor

Hitting a pet is a practice that I don't believe in at all.Yesterday a friend of mine dog ran out in the street after another dog was almost hit by a car and she spanked her dog so hard that he could hardly walk for awhile it makes me see red when somebody does that to their pet and I also don't believe in spraying your cat with water in a bottle to me both of these are just plain cruel.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: People That Hit Their Pets

Pain, fear and intimidation are all forms of abuse. Not sure why anyone would want to treat an animal they choose to bring into their life that way.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Spanking??! The fact that this poor dog could barely walk sounds like it was more of a beating to me.

Out of curiosity did you say anything to your friend?

If it was me I would have approached this woman (I could care less if she was a friend) while she was hitting her dog in order to bring a stop to her heinous and cruel actions ASAP. I have no doubt that this was not the first time she has hit this precious dog either.

I despise animal abuse as well as those who abuse them.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with beastielove--I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut. Any person who gives that severe a punishment to an animal would be no friend of mine...I don't need those kinds of people in my life.

At the grocery store yesterday, when I went to my car, it must have been at least 110-120 degrees inside. I had seen a dog in a car and I realized it had been in there for at least 15-20 minutes -the window was cracked a few inches but the dog was panting hard and getting down on the floor. I went back inside and had the store manager make an announcement over the intercom for a person with a certain kind of car to come to the customer service desk. I told the manager to tell the person if they didn't immediately do something about the dog, someone was going to call the police. But just as she made the announcement I saw a woman go to the car and leave. If I could have gotten out fast enough to follow her, I would have ... not sure what I would have done though.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Any kind of mistreatment of an animal makes my blood boil!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Honored Contributor

Oh, dear. Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes, CatLover2.

I agree, I'd never be able to stand by and watch that abuse. I know it's hard when we worry about getting involved, but these little angels have no voice and sometimes we must speak up for them.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Frequent Contributor

She wasn't at home when this happened she was at the peoples house that she takes care of and she was telling me and another friend about it. She does pop her dog one if he gets too rowdy she's always saying Roscoe you're going to get a whipping.

Respected Contributor

She better stop abusing that dog or one day they may find her with her throat ripped out while she sleeps.

Many an abusive owner has been killed by beating and abusing their dogs.

Even a small dog can do quite a bit of damage. Their teeth may be small but are needle sharp.

Someone should report this woman and she should be heavily fined, since this canine abuse is probably is a habit with her, and not an isolated incident.

That poor dog should be taken away and given the opportunity to find a loving new owner who will treat the dog well with love, respect, caring, and make the dog feel as though he is wanted and belongs, and is part of the pack.

I have 2 professionally trained Doberman guard dogs, who I love and respect, and I would never ever raise my hands to them. They obey without question to hand and voice commands, and also to eye gestures. They are loyal, part of my pack as I am their leader, and they are extremely intuitive, and smart.

Certain breeds command more respect, but I believe all breeds large or small should command respect.

If the leader of the pack is respected the dog will lay his life down to defend the leader, if the leader of the pack is abusive the dog may also become vicious through no fault of its own.

Esteemed Contributor

Reading that email upset me so much. I can't abide a person who abuses an animal. It's one thing to correct a dog (in a humane, proper manner) but it's another to beat a dog to the point where it can not walk. That person should not have an animal. I would not have been able to keep quiet. What kind of a life does that dog have when it is inside the house?? It's so stressful just thinking about it. Why was her dog running free without a cable or lease? We are humans and are suppose to have the bigger brains. You have to learn to work with the dog's instincts and brain. I swear......if that's how they treat their pet, how do they treat another human being?

Frequent Contributor

If I were you, I would call and report this person. This IS abuse and if you don't report it, she will continue. CALL!!!! Otherwise you are allowing it to continue.

And yes, I have called the authorities on people I know who have done things like this. You should be able to remain anonymous.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/29/2014 adoreqvc said:

She better stop abusing that dog or one day they may find her with her throat ripped out while she sleeps.

Many an abusive owner has been killed by beating and abusing their dogs.

Even a small dog can do quite a bit of damage. Their teeth may be small but are needle sharp.

Someone should report this woman and she should be heavily fined, since this canine abuse is probably is a habit with her, and not an isolated incident.

That poor dog should be taken away and given the opportunity to find a loving new owner who will treat the dog well with love, respect, caring, and make the dog feel as though he is wanted and belongs, and is part of the pack.

I have 2 professionally trained Doberman guard dogs, who I love and respect, and I would never ever raise my hands to them. They obey without question to hand and voice commands, and also to eye gestures. They are loyal, part of my pack as I am their leader, and they are extremely intuitive, and smart.

Certain breeds command more respect, but I believe all breeds large or small should command respect.

If the leader of the pack is respected the dog will lay his life down to defend the leader, if the leader of the pack is abusive the dog may also become vicious through no fault of its own.

I hope you made this statement to make a point and do not really believe what you posted. While dogs have been known to react to the abuser during the incident, they do not have the capacity to plot and wait to inflect revenge. Let alone plan a murder.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.