Honored Contributor

Calling all animal lovers: “Supervet” on Animal Planet ***POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***

Has anyone watched “Supervet” on Animal Planet? Get your tissues out and be prepared to have your heart warmed and a bit broken, too. I saw the first episode last week. I’m a real softie when it comes to the shows about those who are so passionate, dedicated and tender in caring for animals. This show had me in tears. Several times.

British “Supervet” Noel Fitzpatrick is a genius, in my opinion, using and developing state-of-the-art procedures in complex cases to care for the dear creatures he mends and heals. Fitzpatrick’s and his staff’s devotion and love are palpable, and it extends to the human guardians of the little angels, too. There’s precious little on the internet about the show, but I’ll include a couple of links to video clips.

"Best show ever? Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick has the nation in tears as he gives pets a second chance i..."
(link goes to: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/07/best-show-ever-supervet-noel-fitzpatrick-has-the-nation-in-tears-47210...

"Cat brought back to life in amazing clip from Channel 4's new Supervet series"
(link goes to: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/channel-4-supervet-cat-brought-3490984)

The first episode repeats today (Saturday, 7/26) on Animal Planet at 11:00 a.m. eastern (it’s on Comcast’s On Demand, too). Episode 2 airs tonight at 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. eastern.

Program Details:

Season 1, Episode 1: A British veterinary surgeon uses cutting-edge technology to save animals in the premiere of this series, which begins with a Labrador retriever that has a tumor on its leg; and a cat with seriously injured hind limbs. Original Air Date: Jul 19, 2014

Season 1, Episode 2: A rabbit with a broken leg requires an operation; a three-legged dog has an injured front paw. Original Air Date: Jul 26, 2014

(I posted this in "Viewpoints" forum, also.)

Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Calling all animal lovers: “Supervet” on Animal Planet ***POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***

You mean.....there's going to be a show on Animal Planet that's actually about animals?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

Re: Calling all animal lovers: “Supervet” on Animal Planet ***POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***

Hi, there, NC Bandwagon!Smile I know, it's about time, right?

I saw a comment on the internet about this show, stating Animal Planet might begin to "redeem itself" with shows like this one.

I hope people watch and support this sort of programming.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo

Thanks for the heads up!

I have heard about Noel Fitzpatrick and recently read an online article that was all about the surgery he did to save that kitty's life.

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

On 7/26/2014 beastielove said:

dooBdoo

Thanks for the heads up!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have heard about Noel Fitzpatrick and recently read an online article that was all about the surgery he did to save that kitty's life.

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Hi, beastielove! You're welcome. I'd never heard of him before, but now I'm hooked.

I guarantee, you'll need a box of tissues.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

dooBdoo, thanks for the heads up. I will have to be on the look out for it. I cry at everything with animals, so I'd best stock up on tissues!

Respected Contributor

I happen to see it last night, that poor pooch and what he went through with the three legs. Bad dog was pretty funny last night. The kitty playing the piano and the bird who talked dirty poo.

Has anyone seen the tall, blonde, handsome Aussie vet that is on channel 10? I caught it one time and wow. I just looked it up on u tube. Dr. Chris Brown, Bondi Vet. It's not on all the time but there are video's of him.

Honored Contributor

Recorded the show and just watched it .... yeah, have a couple tissues nearby. I LOVE happy endings on animal shows! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Sheltie Mom and Tinkrbl44, You're welcome! Glad the show has added some new fans!

luvmyteddy, I haven't heard of Dr. Chris Brown, but I'll look for the show online and see if it airs on one of my Comcast stations. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I love that show! I also used to watch "Emergency Vets" all the time years ago when it was on.

And I agree, "Animal Planet" needs more actual animal-based shows! I think even PBS has more shows about animals. But I do have to admit that I'm a sucker for "Too Cute", both cat and dog versions!