Esteemed Contributor

Our Pluggy went to the bridge this morning...

With a sad and very heavy heart we had to send our sweet lab/mix to the bridge to join his sweet brother Max and many other brothers and sister fur kids we have had in the past. Plug was only with us for a few years when we rescued him from our local shelter. Pluggy has worked as a therapy dog as a young dog and when we discovered he had this very special training we continued it in our local community hospital. and he stayed by our Libby's bedside after her heart operation. And was a special joy to all who knew him. The children loved him. Plug had kidney problems since we have had him. We noticed he was limping horribly over the weekend and would not eat or drink any water. And this morning he could not walk at all. Steve and I took him to the vet. And when we were told his kidney was failing and there was no hope. We stayed with him until he took his last deep breath. Everyone was crying in the vets office and our vet himself had tears in his eyes. We received a call from our community hospital a very special sign will be in the children wing saying you are now entering Plug lane.. with photos of Plug doing what he loved the best, therapy work. Libby is inconsolable please, pray for us.. God bless all of you for reading this post. We are broken up inside. Anna

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our Pluggy went to the bridge this morning...

Oh, no! I remember Pluggy well -- and of course, Miss Libby, who was a valiant heart fighter like our dear Schmoo.

Our prayers tonight go out to soothe your broken hearts. Pluggy touched so many lives, from your family's to all those he helped -- and he is now wearing the wings of the angel he always was among you.

(((((PLUGGY)))))

Super Contributor

Oh Anna. So sorry for your loss. Your pup was much loved and I'm sure he knew it. You and your little family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please deliver a hug to your Libby from me.
Valued Contributor

Anna, I am so sorry. Please give Libby a big hug and tell her we understand and that her dear Pluggy will be forever in her heart. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers because I know how much you are hurting. Always remember, Pluggy had the best life ever when he came to live with you all and he loved you very much and knew he was loved and cherished in return.

Godspeed Pluggy

Honored Contributor

So sorry about your loss of Pluggy. Your post about him is very special, and shows how much he was loved. Hugs Anna.
Honored Contributor

Anna..

My deepest sympathy and condolences goes out to you and your family on the loss of your beloved Pluggy. I can relate to the heartache that you're all experiencing now as I have also been down that same terrible road many times before.

I pray that you and your family will find comfort in the fact that Pluggy always new how very much he was loved, that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge with dignity and in peace, and that he's now happily running like a puppy with all of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place on the other side of The Bridge.

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

We all here feel your love and your prayers .. Thank you all! Steven, Anna ,Tanya and Libby and our fur kids who are missing their sweet brother tonight. RIP Plug safe journey to the bridge.We love you and miss you very much!

Valued Contributor

(((((Plug, Matty, and all who knew & love Pluggy))))) Sweet dreams, PlugSmiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Regular Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss and how much you are missing your beloved Pluggy. What a wonderful fur baby he was, for he gave so much love to everyone and received so much love from you and everyone else. My prayers are with you. Pluggy is free from pain, sickness and is having a great time with all your other fur babies and with all of our fur babies.

Respected Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss. Here are some poems

The Journeys just Begun

By Ellen Brenneman

Don’t think of her as gone away-

Her journeys just begun,

Life holds so many facets-

This earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting

From the sorrows and the tears

In a place of warmth and comfort

Where there are no days and years

Think how she must be wishing

That we could know today

How nothing but our sadness can really pass away.

And think of her as living

In the hearts of those she touched

For nothing loved is ever lost-

And she was loved so much.

And one of my favorites:

doxie