Esteemed Contributor

Looking for a small lid for small cat tins.

I started to buy the smaller brand cat food for the girls for variety but can't find a small lid. They don't eat it up in one sitting. Anyone?

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a small lid for small cat tins.

Pet food stores should have them. They may even be free with purchase. I know I have 1 or 2 in my cupboard from the few times I needed to feed my dogs canned food in the past, and I certainly never bought them.

Super Contributor

I have a couple different ones that I just picked up at the grocery store. They fit on both large and small cans - have a separate edge for smaller cans. I also have one that I got from the vet's office when I got smaller cans of prescription food there. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

I haven't bought any plastic lids for a while, but typically the plastic lids sold at the pet stores (and probably even in the grocery store) have a ring in them meant to fit the smaller cans as well. It may not look like it, but pick one up and try it on a smaller can at the store. It should fit. If they don't, there is a brand that comes with a black plastic lid that you can use on other cans. They aren't super tight and are probably only good for a day, otherwise I have used saran wrap and a rubber band. Good luck P.S. there might be some inexpensive small containers that are meant for people food that you could use for cat food

Honored Contributor

You mean the size for 3oz cans? The ones for 5oz cans are pretty readily available but I have never seen a plastic lid for the 3oz ones. You could transfer it to a small tupperware.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

Half pint, check on amazon. I've had good luck ordering "odd" sizes for my pets' cans.
Honored Contributor

we just put the can in a deli container, you know the kind they put potato salad in, if we don't have a lid.

works out just fine

Respected Contributor

I just use a round Rubbermaid container.

Super Contributor

When we buy Sheba by the carton it has small plastic lids included. They would fit Fancy Feast size cans as well I think. These aren't lids that will last a long time but you can get more!
Occasional Contributor

I found them in Petsmart- they fit the 3 oz cans- I found them hanging by the cat food- they come 3 to a pack....