Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner June 30 - July 6, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner June 30 - July 6, 2014

Wow, I can't believe the 4th of July is this Friday! Hope everyone has a safe holiday especially if traveling.

Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies, prayers continue, always for those in need.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning GreetingsSmile

Wishing that all of you dear friends have a wonderful day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,love,good health and lots of pawsome stuff!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

We've been having thunderstorms lately, and Lucky has been so scared. he's taken to hiding under a chair or upstairs during the storms. I don't recall him that scared when he was a kitten. This seemed to start a couple months ago when we had to have our large fir tree removed from the back yard. It was almost falling into power lines, so we had to have something done. The sound of the tree removal scared Lucky, and since then he's been nervous around loud noises.

I don't look forward to July 4th; Lucky will be a nervous wreck. He's fine afterwards, so there isn't any after effect. I just pet him after and tell him everything is OK. Otherwise, Lucky acts normal. If things get too bad I might consider Feliway or something similar, but won't unless it's really necessary as there is no lingering effect.

Nothing much has been going on. I work this coming weekend, but have July 4 off. No plans, though, just will take it easy around the house.

Hope everyone else has a good week and holiday.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

Honk! hot hot hot! Ok, did I complain about the _now?!

Beastielove, thank you for helping me start ou the week!

Teganslaw, I understand. Whenever we have any work done at the house I have to take the day off and sequester Oscar in an upstairs bedroom with water and litter available and put the tv on for him. (QVC lol!)

edited to put in spacing - darn ipad!

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies!

Sheltie, I am with you...where did the month of June go??{#emotions_dlg.confused1} We'll be back in school this time next month. I am getting my dr. appointments in now. I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!!! If anyone is traveling, please be safe. Sheltie and Beastie: Hugs and prayers to you and your furbabies! teganslaw: I completely understand your dilemma with Lucky. My Heidi was terrified of loud noises. I will pray for you and your sweet baby for some peace on Friday!! I often wondered if the "thundershirts" that they sell really work. We never got one for Heidi. That dachshund wouldn't have worn it anyway. She would twisted, turned, chewed, etc...to get it off of her during the first 5 minutes.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Have a blessed week, my dear friends Sheltie, Beastie, teganslaw, Doxie, dapet, Xstitcher, Dorothytoo, NCOMA, NAT, MoJoV, QsZoo, Matty6 Sharke, emmiesmom and all other friends! Hug those furbabies for me!!

Hugs, prayers and love,{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

Happy Maniac Monday not to be confused with Happy Mammary Monday.

I am not able to isolate the girls because they have to assist anyone that comes to the house. Poor man working on the dryer was not expecting that cold nose. and he should not have looked at me like that before he realized it was the dog.

The girls tend to make their own thunder shirts by burrowing into the sleeves of coats or sweaters and having just their heads sticking out.

Schatzie got zapped by yellow jackets today and we had to race to the vet. Poor dog was crying not knowing why something would attack her. One got her lip and one got her eye and another got in her ear. Her lip was curled up doing the Elvis thing. Everyone started singing you ain't nothing but a hound dog. She is medicated and doing better.

The girls like some of their clothes but not as much as Cesca did. Cesca did not want to go out neeekid.

Have a great week everyone.

doxie

Respected Contributor

Oh no, Doxie!! I am so glad that you got Schatzie to the vet today! When I was little, our neighbor's cocker spaniel snapped at and tried to swallow a bee one time and her mouth blew up like a balloon! After the panic subsided and she was medicated, they could relax and laugh. Give Schatzie and extra hug from me!! Hugs and prayers!{#emotions_dlg.wub} Panda

I thought I would share..."a little help here!!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

Happy Tuesday! It's going to be hot again so I've got all the fans going for the animals and have fresh water out in the bird baths.

panda, I'm glad you are getting your doctor visits in. I hope they can come up with some help for you to ease your pain and help you feel better. Love the picture you posted! (I tried to post the emoticom with the little heart and it kept going to the front of the whole post, hmmm)

Doxie, oh my gosh! I hope Schatzie is doing better today. That must have been so scary. Poor little thing. Please give her - and Leibchen of course, a hug for me.

ok, gotta get going and get ready for work and get Lily a walk before it gets any hotter! Stay cool and especially for our friends around Chicago and in any part of the country experiencing storms, hope you stay safe and sound.

Honored Contributor

Mews-Day Morning Greetings

MoJoV.. If I recall correctly you live in the Chicago area. I was watching GMA earlier this morning and they showed photos of lighting striking several buildings in the city at the same time.

I'm praying that you,your family and your furbabies are safe and sound.

Wishing that all of you dear PCCer's have a very pleasant day today.Smile

-------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}