Valued Contributor

The Pet Chat Corner April 14-20, 2014

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets, it might not. Welcome one and all - newcomers, introduce yourselves, make a drink, pull up a chair and join us. We are a little nuts, but we are nice nuts.

Valued Contributor

Re: The Pet Chat Corner April 14-20, 2014

Back to work Monday for me. I'm thinking some of you may have off for Easter break? If so, enjoy! Hope this is a good start to the week for everyone and all the furbabies. Prayers continue, always, for those in need.

Honored Contributor

Monday Morning Greetings{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Wishing all of you dear friends a very pleasant day today and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings you much happiness,love and good health.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hoping that all is well with you and your precious furbabies too.Smile

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Hello everyone. After a lovely couple of Spring days, it is now SNOWING in suburban Chicago. Whatever..

I have a "lovely" smelling story about my girls and what they got into yesterday. I came home from work (working since 6 am mind you) and I let them out in the backyard, I briefly went to change my shoes and they were ready to be let in. Daisy is a blonde girl and she was a very dark brown from head to toe, I'm wondering..mud? Took a closer view of them and WHEW..they had been rolling in somebody's poop (racoon, skunk?). They stunk to high heaven. I put Daisy in the laundry room tub and scrubbed her, Angie I had to make do with a bunch of baby wipes and grooming spray. I felt like wringing their smelly little necks and the culprit who pooped, too. What a mess. What in the name of thunder makes them do this? I remember my late MIL used to have two dogs who would roll in her neighbor's horse doo. That's my sad story, hope you all have a better start to your week.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Happy Honking Monday

Well I tried to read the posts fast and have to tell Mojov that I read that her MIL used to roll in horse poo. I was thinking…I do not know if I would have shared that…when I went back to reread it correctly this time. While I am glad that your MIL did not roll in horse poo, I have to say thanks for the laugh and the lesson. I have been racing through things trying to get done and missing the meaning.

Now about the rolling in the smelly stuff. Have you ever wondered if they think it makes them look like a bigger animal? If my dachshunds roll in horse poo…do they think they are a horse? or would it just be perfume to them. I try to control where they go because I think Schatzie would roll in something. I had an Australian shepherd that would roll in cow patties and really be aromatic. I swear there were times she did it to intimidate the cows she was herding. She would weave in and out and smell like one of them and then she would start heading and heeling.

Snowing….are you kidding me? The only snow we have is the inches of pollen. We are in full pollen . It is zyrtec season. We are expiating a cold snap but not snow.

I went to a drive thru and it was backed up. You will not believe this but it was two geese standing in the drive thru lane and they even walked up to the pick up window. I thought it was funny. Some people were not as entertained. One man got out of his car to chase them off. I shook my head thinking…you should not do that. He yelled and flung his arms at them. Well it was not a pretty sight. Those two geese introduced themselves by going up one side and down another of the guy. He did not have a chance. Nobody went to his defense. I was laughing too hard. The geese decided to land and walk away. The man started to walk back to his car. It seems that the upset geese left a deposit or two. The man did not see them until he stepped in them. He did an awesome imitation of a windmill before he landed on his backside. Can you imagine him getting back to work with his food smelling like goose poop?

I hope that this is not my theme for the week…..poo that is…..

doxie

Respected Contributor

Hello and Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies,

Spring break is officially over but we have 29 days of school left with the kiddos. Unsure of why my back is hurting so badly. I just need to push through this week. My official 30 minute observation from my administration is on Thursday. Working hard to plan my lesson and trying to put the pain on the backburner. It is right above my tailbone in the middle of my back. I don't lift anything so I am not sure what it could be. If I make it through this week and it still hurts, may need to check in with the doctor. I wish I knew which doctor to go to...PCP or gyn. Your prayers will be so helpful to me!

Have a blessed week, everyone!

Hugs, love and prayers!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 panda lady said:

Hello and Happy Monday to my PCC friends and furbabies,

Spring break is officially over but we have 29 days of school left with the kiddos. Unsure of why my back is hurting so badly. I just need to push through this week. My official 30 minute observation from my administration is on Thursday. Working hard to plan my lesson and trying to put the pain on the backburner. It is right above my tailbone in the middle of my back. I don't lift anything so I am not sure what it could be. If I make it through this week and it still hurts, may need to check in with the doctor. I wish I knew which doctor to go to...PCP or gyn. Your prayers will be so helpful to me!

Have a blessed week, everyone!

Hugs, love and prayers!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

Panda..

Sending tons of very special prayers and hugs your way ASAP!!!

Also hoping that the pain in your back has abated.

(((((((((((((SmilePANDASmile))))))))))))))

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Contributor

Hi everyone!

It's spring in Utah. Everything is in bloom. I'd rather be home though with the FAB 3. We usually have snow around Easter at home. We're finished up on Thursday and we`'ll leave early Friday. Hope everyone has a good week.

Contributor

Hope everyone is having a good week. I got to spend the afternoon with a dear friend and her English Setters. I haven't seen the three of them in five years and was tickled when the dogs remembered me. It was a nice afternoon--too short though.

Honored Contributor

Purrs-Day Morning Greetings!

Wishing each one of you a most wonderful day today and hoping that all is well with you and your precious furbabies too.

panda... Praying that you're feeling much better.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=