Contributor

Little female black cat that I rescued from my neighborhood.

I tried to find her a good home, since I have quite a few cats in my herd now. When I couldn't find any takers, I just decided to keep her.

All of my cats have "K" names, so I named her Kinzee Kitkat. I had her in a kennel in my living room, but a couple of weeks ago, I let her out. I kept her litter box by the kennel and she uses that litter box. She stays on the back of the couch, close to the kennel, or under the couch.

But she is doing well with my other cats. There is even grooming going on and playing with some of my younger cats. I think Kinzee is not quite a year old. I have a small, black male I rescued from some neighbors that were going to take him to the shelter that is about two years old. His name is Kindred Spirit and they look very simiilar, except Kinzee has white on her neck. Kinzee and Kindred are becoming buds.

She lets me pet her and purrs and rolls on her back. However, any quick movement or noise and she is under the couch! She also won't come to me yet, but in time, I believe that will change.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I received. Some of you had a crystal ball and predicted she had already found her forever home with me. You were right! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

Aww good for you. Enjoy her, we have a black cat and he is very loveable.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

How wonderful for both of you!

My 5 big boy kitties were all strays that wandered up to my house in the woods. I've had more than that, but some have left me, one after 20 years.

All have their own quirks and most took a while to adjust to human contact, but once they did, they were fine. Although any quick movement or noise (like your kitty) will spook them.

One winter, I had two little kitties come around in the dead of winter (brothers I believe) and I kept saying, "they must belong to someone." They did. Me.

I love black cats although I don't have any right now.

Enjoy your sweet girl -- she is lucky.

Honored Contributor

lv..

I remember when you first posted about her in an earlier thread and I'm so glad that Kinzee (love her name!) is now a permanent member of your furry herd!

I have no doubt that she'll fill your life with tons of unconditional kitty love for many years!

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

I think that is wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

I have the greatest respect for people like you that take care of the abandoned ones. God bless you!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Ivenjay, {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} that is a wonderful piece of news, with blessings coming to you, for sure~ I can tell you that ..-why-.. there were no takers for the little black female cat, is because 1st -she's a female..."no one wants to go to the trouble in having her spayed (putting any money out) for her"- "secondly no one wants -USUALLY- a black cat /female or male". --* I found that out when I was looking for our missing Cream at the SPCA. Almost every cage was occupied with a black cat. I would have adopted one, but at the time, I was on a mission to find our 11 year old tabby black & white. ~HAVE TO GO BACK, NOW.~ I was speaking to a lady today about the mutitudes of abandoned cats everywhere. You have saved one other little life that has no voice, from doom. I am still searching (hope is still present) for our missing Cream. In the meantime, there is another adult cat who looks exactly like our black & white tabby, except for: the forehead- it has more white. I have learned either he/she is an abandoned cat from about 6 weeks ago or a drop off. Also, I have found out that his leg is injure,badly ; s/he is limping. probably from either a cat fight, someone kicking her or being hit by a car? ---- I know s/he has to be in pain. HOW CAN ANYONE THAT IS ``knowing of a stray`` AND DOES NOT ATTEMP TO HELP, EVEN IF THAT PERSON could (HIRE) SOMEONE TO SPAY/NEUTER TO NOT LET S/HE just go off? HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT!?? I BELIEVE THAT this little one is living under the PATIO shed of a lady's across the lane from us. IT IS SO COLD AND THE OTHER WILD ANIMALS WILL OR CAN ATTEMPT TO ATTACK then when thay wander around. Apparently she (elderly lady) can NOT capture him- having ( Parkinson's, also), so that leaves me to hurridly buy a gentle trap. S/he (CAT) is fending for herself with 2 others (males) that this lady is feeding, but they eat all the food leaving s/he without much LEFT, unless [they] leave and she puts out more extra food for her alone. I PROVIDE THE FOOF AND TREAT+ CAT MILK. I would come to believe that she may be semi-feral or JUST AFRAID, but I can do THIS! I enjoyed your story so much //> wanted you to know that. you are so sensitive in caring FOR having the love to adopt Kinzee, along with the other one (Kindred Spirt) 2 years ago. Once in a while I read of someone devoted to take on something that seems impossible and succeed. I have heard of the MOST lame excuses:* can't be caught or {THEY} have no money, which I never buy, since they are buying for SELF. You will be be blessed, trust me you will be......................Smile _Naes

Esteemed Contributor

I think your wonderful! I wish there were more people like you in this world!

Respected Contributor

It was meant to be, Ivenjay. I believe that you, as well as other kitty rescuers, have a sign on your front lawn that only kitties can see. It says that you are a kind and caring purrson and that kitties will be safe in your care. Congratulations on adopting Kinzee, and what a cute name!

If it's possible for you to post a photo of her, please do, as we'd all love to see her! Smile

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/25/2014 arrabella said:

I have the greatest respect for people like you that take care of the abandoned ones. God bless you!!!

Ita, I think you're an angel!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West