Esteemed Contributor

With a heavy and sad heart our sweet girl Sandy passed away this morning....

It was just a usual morning ..[at least that is what we first thought] we got Lib off to school and Steve was about to leave for work we both realized that all the dogs went out and come in except Sandy .. we have been watching her very closely because of her age and in the last couple of months she was slowing down quite a bit. We looked all over the house and found her under our bed breathing heavy .. Steve went under and got her out... and off we drove to the vets office. She went into shock on the short ride there and they [the tech and a nurse got a stretcher to bring her in] The vet said her heart is failing and she was dying. Both Steve and I were holding her in our arms. She was only with us for less then a year but, it felt like we had her for all her 16 years. Sandy was a therapy dog and even then she looked at us and tried to comfort us. And she passed away in our arms. Our angel is gone. How we drove home is beyond us .. And when we told Libby it got worse. we told Tanya this afternoon. Our dogs are so sad and quiet the whole house is quite. We all decided to bury her ashes of our sweet girl under the oak tree she loved to lay under so much. And we will make a stone to mark her grave. Please pray for us and for Sandy that she has a safe journey to Rainbow Bridge .. Thank you, Anna [aka Matty6]

Respected Contributor

Re: With a heavy and sad heart our sweet girl Sandy passed away this morning....

Oh Anna, I am so sorry! I have tears in my eyes writing to you. My heart breaks for your family. God gives us these sweet babies for such a short time. Sandy was so blessed to be a part of your family! Please give Libby an extra hug from me. Hugs, prayers and love to your whole family. Sandy is watching over your family and her human and furbaby siblings! {{{{{{{{Anna, family and Sandy}}}}}}}}

Much love!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Re: With a heavy and sad heart our sweet girl Sandy passed away this morning....

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Sandy (((HUGS)))

Valued Contributor

oh Anna, I am so, so sorry. It is so hard to lose them no matter how long they are with us. Surely the one year Sandy spent with your loving family was the best year of her life, and she knew nothing but being safe and loved... and so it was until the very end with you and Steve carrying her on her journey to the rainbow bridge. Sending warm caring hugs to you and Steve and Libby and Tanya tonight and prayers for you all.

God bless and Godspeed Sandy.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry for your sudden loss. Even though you only had Sandy a short time, I'm sure she knew your love for her and compassionate care as she was in her golden years.

Trusted Contributor

Anna I am so sorry and am crying terribly.Whether its a day or 20 years,we never have them long enough.I am sure Sandy knew how loved she was and that the year with all of you was the happiest ever for her.

I hope Libby will be ok,she has had to endure a lot of heartbreak.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

So sorry to read your sad news. Sandy was a lucky pup to have spent her last year with your loving family, Anna. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP sweet Sandy.
Honored Contributor

Anna..

My heart and my deepest condolences goes out to you,Steve,Libby and Tanya on the loss of your beloved Sandy.

Please try to find comfort and solace in the fact that Sandy knew how very much she was loved by all of you, that she was surrounded by that same love when you sent her to The Bridge in peace and with dignity and that she is now happily running like a puppy with all of her new friends through the sunlit meadows of that most blessed place on the other side of The Bridge.

I'll light a candle for your sweet girl on the pet loss dot come sight after I finish this post.

-----------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Anna, I was crushed to read about your beloved Sandy, and as you know, know too well how hard it is to lose a furbaby to heart failure.

We also know that there's more love per square inch in your family than in most, and your girl felt it, bursting to the seams, for the year she was with you. She reveled in it, and as much as she gave to you, she receive tenfold in return. For her, that one year was a lifetime of feeling truly cherished.

We're sorry you're hurting and send love and prayers to the whole family from the family of Schmoo.

((((((SANDY)))))

Regular Contributor

I am so very sorry to read this. The year you gave her showed her how very much she was loved and adored. She was able to go the bridge with all of that love surrounding her and bringing her peace. She is young again, running with joyous abandon, and has joined all of our dearly loved furkids.

Cyber hugs to all of you.