Super Contributor

What is a good shampoo/conditioner and detangler?

I just got a silky terrier pup - she's about 15 weeks old - (looks like a big yorkie - she will probably be about 10 or 12 pounds when she grows up)

Now that I am retired and have time - I want to groom her myself, but I need to find a good shampoo/conditioner and detangler/grooming spray.

I want them to be gluten free (since I have celiac disease) and without the parabens and questionable ingredients.

I saw WEN pets, but think I want also a detangler to help when I comb her out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I went to PETCo they didn't seem to have much other than they own brand but had parabens in it - They only had the shampoo of John Paul for Pets but no conditioner and spray - smelled nice..

Thank you Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: What is a good shampoo/conditioner and detangler?

Hello,I think I can help u with ur problem. I own 5 dogs but 2 of them our yorkies and one is a maltese so I know what you mean about finding a good shampoo for your baby. I use a brand tht my old groomer used on my dogs and it is called Nature's Specialties and u can ONLY get it online from their web site. I use the Coconut Clean conditioning shampoo,some EZ DeMatt dematting solutions for a great extra conditioner and then for a GREAT detangler I spray on the QUICKER SLICKER and this stuff will help you blow dry your baby sssoooo much faster. I use all of these during the winter time because I let the coats grow out but during summer with shorter coat I skip the EZ DeMatt and just use the shampoo and the Quicker Slicker. I bath my dogs every 2 weeks and before it is bath day the coats stay nice and soft. I have used Nature's Specialties for a good 11 years so trust me this is good stuff. I believe when u google their web address it comes up Nature's Specialties LLC. I hope this helps you out. If you have questions please asked also if you call n a order to them and u tell them tht this is your first order and you want to try something else other than what I use they SOMETIMES have nice samples tht they will send you to try.
Super Contributor

Thank you sooo much Okiedokie! This is my first time with a terrier - my last dog was a lhasa apso - having a terrier is an adventure. She is getting along great with my siamese/balinese cats.

I really appreciate the suggestions. With my lhasa I didn't groom her - I worked all the time - now I am home and have more time and wanted to learn to groom her myself and do somethings a little differently than with my lhasa. I do miss my lhasa so much nice with my terrier - she's such a spirited pup and so very loveable. She slurps big kisses on the cats - in fact one of the balinese - my female has taken her under her wing - acts like a mother to her... sooo cute Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Just looking at the product sounds so good. I will have to contact the company to see if there is any wheat or oats in the product as I have celiac disease..or perhaps I will have to wear gloves...

This looks exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for the recommendation Smiley Happy

Contributor

You are ssoo welcome. I brush my dogs EVERY day and brush their teeth so their hair won't get matted and these shampoos/conditioners tht i use make it so easy to keep them looking great. Once u use these things u will never go back especially the QUICKER SLICKER that stuff is the BOMB~ it makes blow drying so much easier,no hard hair to comb through while wet and the time it takes to blow dry them is cut in half. I take my kids to groomers about every 10 to 12 weeks. You'll like the stuff. That is so cute tht ur baby and the cat are being playing partners. We have 2 cats in the house plus 5 dogs and they all get alone just fine. Are u on FB? I am if u want to become friends on there then u can c pictures of my babies and I will urs. Just a thought. Good Luck and lmk how u like the stuff.
Super Contributor

guess I can't figure out how to post a picture - oops