Valued Contributor

I posted this on the other thread but for some reason it disapeared. Went to get our new adopted dog yesterday. Long story short...it has Kennel cough. Now I am terrified my little fraile 13 yr.old furbaby will get it. Vet is too & gave me meds for her along with new one. called the place I got new one which is a rescue place...they were not as friendly this time & relutanly told me to bring him back. Long trip to get him yesterday..& now back. I noticed him coughing a couple of times when we were there yesterday & asked about it but was told.."oh he is fine." Took him to vet as soon as I got home & yes he has kennel cough which vet says is very contagious to other dogs & I have to quarentine dog for 2 weeks. Cant come in the house at all. It is a little dog. Not an outside dog. Looks like my only solution is to take it back. I racked my brain for any friends or relitives who might could take it for the quarentine time but can think of no one. Everyone has their own pets to worry about. I have never dealt with kennel cough before. Didnt know it could be so contaigous. Vet said not to wear same clothes between being with each pet. Wash hands use disenfectant everywhere. And never let them close at all! Was up with little dog most of night in garage. He is worse this morning. It just breaks my heart! May have to take him to PetER. I feel so stupid for doing this to my furbabies I have. I am the only one they have to protect them & this is what I do to them! If you look up stupid idiot in dictionary my picture will be there!