Super Contributor

Received latest TSV, but confused. HELP!!

Hi Perricone Ladies,

I deceided to purchase the latest Perricone TSV because I actually sell a line of skin care from Australia and was looking for an alternative with similar ingredients. After a lot of looking, I sound that Perricone had the most similar ingredients. With the cost of the TSV, it made it affordable to give it a try. So far, I do like the products in the TSV. But, I have been looking on QVC at all of his products and I am so confused. I like to simplify my routine and there are just too many products to choose from It the latest TSV from end of December all I need for basic skin care? I am 52 and have fairly normal skin. The TSV makes my skin very moisturized and I am avoiding the nose area as anything too moisturing there will make me break out around my nose.

I do have to say that the information pamphlets are not particularly helpful. Can anyone tell me what would be a basic routine with Perricone that I would not have to spend a ton more money on??? Is the Dec. TSV good to use for basics? I don't want to spend much more money on product.

Super Contributor

Re: Received latest TSV, but confused. HELP!!

Wow! I thought this board would be a little more helpful with information like the Wen Board. I'm on the fence about canceling my auto delivery because just not sure about the TSV products. They seem a bit rich for my skin in that I am getting little breakouts. Anyone have any advice?

Frequent Contributor

Wish I could provide some help but I don't use the products - sorry!
Honored Contributor

I've never used any of the Perricone products. IMO, the terms "Perricone" and "not having to spend a ton of money" don't go together. Perricone is pricey. You could try to find a trial kit of products that interest you or look at his website for product recommendations and then shop for best prices.

Contributor

I used to use Perricone, and I'm getting ready to return to it. I took a hiatus because I was pregnant (I'm an older mom) and then b*****feeding. I've been uber cautious during this time.

I used to alternate products. Day 1: am--Advanced Face Firming Activator followed by a non-Perricone SPF product; night--High Potency Evening Repair and High Potency Eye Lift followed by a non-Perricone moisturizer. Day 2: am--High Potency Amine Face Lift followed by a non-Perricone SPF product; night--Concentrated Restorative Treatment followed by a non-Perricone moisturizer.

I think that Formula 15 is supposed to be the more updated version of the Advanced Face Firming Activator. Looks like it's more potent, and I don't think everyone likes it. I think that the Vitamin C Ester 15 is supposed to be the more updated version of the Concentrated Restorative Treatment. Looks like people really like this product.

I think I'm going to try the Acyl-Glutathione eye serum and face cream. I actually called Perricone's 800 number yesterday and spoke to someone about the Acyl-Glutathione line. I asked her about the difference between the Acyl-Glutathione Serum for Face and the Acyl-Glutathione Cream for Face. She said that the serum is more potent and should be used on targeted areas only. Some people can't even tolerate it. Most people use the eye serum with the face cream. She said not to waste the Acyl-Glutathione products on the neck because they're not meant to be used on the neck.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Sorry that you're not getting much of a response from folks. I really wish there was more of a presence here on the Perricone forum. There used to be, but some folks moved over to Facebook and haven't been posting here much since then.

Contributor

Just wanted to add that you can take the ""skin quiz"" on perricone's website. They have some trial size kits (depending upon how you answer the questions) that are ""reasonably priced"" (as far as perricone pricing goes). You can also find a $10 off coupon if you search the web that will bring the price down a tiny bit.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 MonkeyToes2 said:

Just wanted to add that you can take the "skin quiz" on perricone's website. They have some trial size kits (depending upon how you answer the questions) that are "reasonably priced" (as far as perricone pricing goes). You can also find a $10 off coupon if you search the web that will bring the price down a tiny bit.

When I try out a new skincare line, that's the first thing I look for - a quiz on the site to help me determine which of their products work best for my needs. If I can get that, it's much easier for me to tweak my choices from there based on what I know about my own skin and past reactions to ingredients.

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I've never used any of the Perricone products. IMO, the terms "Perricone" and "not having to spend a ton of money" don't go together. Perricone is pricey. You could try to find a trial kit of products that interest you or look at his website for product recommendations and then shop for best prices.

I guess price is relative. The current line that I used before Perricone is one that I actually sell. It comes from Australia. I could get an entire kit for around $200. I researched many products and found Perricone closest to the ingredients in that line. So, I guess I wanted to stay at $200 or below for a new line. That is why I tried the TSV. But, looking at all the other Perricone products, it becomes very confusing and expensive when you add other products.

Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 MonkeyToes2 said:

I used to use Perricone, and I'm getting ready to return to it. I took a hiatus because I was pregnant (I'm an older mom) and then b*****feeding. I've been uber cautious during this time.

I used to alternate products. Day 1: am--Advanced Face Firming Activator followed by a non-Perricone SPF product; night--High Potency Evening Repair and High Potency Eye Lift followed by a non-Perricone moisturizer. Day 2: am--High Potency Amine Face Lift followed by a non-Perricone SPF product; night--Concentrated Restorative Treatment followed by a non-Perricone moisturizer.

I think that Formula 15 is supposed to be the more updated version of the Advanced Face Firming Activator. Looks like it's more potent, and I don't think everyone likes it. I think that the Vitamin C Ester 15 is supposed to be the more updated version of the Concentrated Restorative Treatment. Looks like people really like this product.

I think I'm going to try the Acyl-Glutathione eye serum and face cream. I actually called Perricone's 800 number yesterday and spoke to someone about the Acyl-Glutathione line. I asked her about the difference between the Acyl-Glutathione Serum for Face and the Acyl-Glutathione Cream for Face. She said that the serum is more potent and should be used on targeted areas only. Some people can't even tolerate it. Most people use the eye serum with the face cream. She said not to waste the Acyl-Glutathione products on the neck because they're not meant to be used on the neck.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Sorry that you're not getting much of a response from folks. I really wish there was more of a presence here on the Perricone forum. There used to be, but some folks moved over to Facebook and haven't been posting here much since then.

Thanks for the great info! Really appreciate it!

Frequent Contributor

I use formula 15 plus a moisturizer during the day. I also use the neuropeptide eye cream during the day.

At night I alternate the neuropeptide night cream and the high potency evening repair. I don't use a moisturizer on the nights I use the neuropeptide night cream, however on the nights I use the high potency evening repair I do use a moisturizer over it.

I am in my mid 50s with combination skin that is starting to get drier as I age.