Super Contributor

Did you see the new Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment. Looks interesting but the "Application" tab on the product page doesn't really explain very well how to use. Anybody know?

Regular Contributor

There are really no good instructions for it, are there?

It does say it's a "no rinse" formula. I'm not sure if I like the idea of a cleanser that doesn't get rinsed off. Wouldn't the things that need to be washed away still be sitting on my face? Maybe if I used a regular cleanser first, and then this, but I don't know what the point of that would be.

Trusted Contributor
Application:
Dr. Perricone recommends proper skin cleansing as the first step to any skincare regimen. Follow by smoothing Blue Plasma over entire face once a day. Wait a few moments and apply your Perricone MD treatment, followed by a moisturizer. No rinsing is needed after application.
©perriconemd.com

ETA: the exact same application instructions are posted for the original Blue Plasma.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Regarding the "application" - so, in other words, you're supposed to clean your face with whatever you normally use and then apply the cleansing treatment??? (I did e-mail Dr. P's customer service with some questions.)

Contributor

Maybe it is more like a toner? The functions it is claimed to perform are pretty much the same as the regular Blue Plasma.

Super Contributor
On 12/7/2014 Tribalknowledge said:

Maybe it is more like a toner? The functions it is claimed to perform are pretty much the same as the regular Blue Plasma.

A toner - I never thought of that! Now that makes sense.

Contributor

Whatever it is, it seems rather redundant as the Blue Plasma treatment does the same thing.

Yet another step...

Super Contributor

This is the answer I got from Perricone customer service:

The Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment is a non-rinse dual cleansing treatment and makeup remover that harness Micellar and Plasma technology to purify the skin.

If you have another cleanser at the moment, I would recommend to use your regular cleanser in the morning and then your Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment at night.

You do not need to use both products at the same time.

Dr. Perricone recommends saturating a cotton pad and smoothing liberally all over face in the morning and evening. Wait a few moments and apply your Perricone MD treatment, Followed by a moisturizer. No rinsing is needed, like I stated before after application.

I hope this is helpful. For any other question or concerns, also visit our website,www.perriconemd.com.

Seems that the cleansing treatment is a cleanser not just a toner. And they say to use it at night which is when most of us are removing makeup.

I'm not going to order right away - will wait for some reviews.

Contributor

I don't understand how this new product is any different than the regular Blue Plasma product. Of course you get twice as much, and for less money, so if it does the same thing, then maybe the new product is a better deal. I can't imagine how you would use the new Blue Plasma product, and then put the old one on top of it. That would seem redundant.