Trusted Contributor

Moderators: Can you explain the logic of

deleting all of the threads in this forum that contain replies prior to 4-21-14????

Do you follow the same procedure in all of the other forums here in the Q Community?

Please come out of the shadows and explain WHY you choose to moderate the Perricone MD forum in a different manner than other forums, thank you.

ETA: I just checked the Beauty's Best Gifts forum and it has posts dating back to 10/22/2011 at 10:17 PM, yet this forum has a total of 8 threads (including this one) available to members.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

Re: Moderators: Can you explain the logic of

Moderators will explain nothing. They own the board and don't have to make explanations.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I think lyn was essentially trying to make a point with no expectation of board moderators actually posting here and explaining their actions. It is very hard to understand why such measures were taken in the first place and why just here.

Regular Contributor

Originally, I thought the idea of separate boards for separate vendors was a good one. That way those of us who use or are interested in a product line are able to communicate with like-minded people. Sadly, that was never the case. The "haters" feel it necessary to add their negativity in the manufacturer-specific forums as well.

The way QVC handles the Perricone forum has seemed different when compared to others for some time. People who may have had their curiosity piqued by a recent presentation may come here looking for discussion about the product and find nothing.

QVC, I know you're in business and want to make money. A lack of activity (or at least a perceived lack of activity) in the Perricone forum may be interpreted as a lack of interest in the Perricone line by your customer base, resulting in lost sales.

It may lead potential customers to look for information about Perricone products elsewhere, allowing them to discover such things as discounts and free shipping.

Really poor business judgment on your part, QVC. But thanks for allowing us to share, if only for a brief moment in time.

Frequent Contributor

I'm so tired of the posts being deleted I don't understand the rational for deleting them.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/23/2014 wackers said:

I think lyn was essentially trying to make a point with no expectation of board moderators actually posting here and explaining their actions. It is very hard to understand why such measures were taken in the first place and why just here.

Yup.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

(Standing ovation to ProductGuy)
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 5/26/2014 ProductGuy said:

Originally, I thought the idea of separate boards for separate vendors was a good one. That way those of us who use or are interested in a product line are able to communicate with like-minded people. Sadly, that was never the case. The "haters" feel it necessary to add their negativity in the manufacturer-specific forums as well.

The way QVC handles the Perricone forum has seemed different when compared to others for some time. People who may have had their curiosity piqued by a recent presentation may come here looking for discussion about the product and find nothing.

QVC, I know you're in business and want to make money. A lack of activity (or at least a perceived lack of activity) in the Perricone forum may be interpreted as a lack of interest in the Perricone line by your customer base, resulting in lost sales.

It may lead potential customers to look for information about Perricone products elsewhere, allowing them to discover such things as discounts and free shipping.

Really poor business judgment on your part, QVC. But thanks for allowing us to share, if only for a brief moment in time.

The vast majority of QVC customers probably don't even know there is a Perricone or any forum and for those who do know, I doubt that very many make a puchasing decision based on the number of entries on the forum. I have shopped QVC since the beginning and never logged on to the forum until last year.

Honored Contributor

I don't use perricone products but I do check out the forum on QVC and that is how I found about the new No whatever whatever products, lol, which I now AM planning on trying after reading about them here. So the forums ARE useful to some of us that like to read about Perricone products but may or may not use them.

I think it is ridiculous that they delete them- Lauar Geller and Mally's forum often have hardly any traffic on them (many of the threads have only a few responses to them!!) but they aren't deleting their posts!

Regular Contributor

On 5/29/2014 Scotnovel said:

The vast majority of QVC customers probably don't even know there is a Perricone or any forum and for those who do know, I doubt that very many make a puchasing decision based on the number of entries on the forum. I have shopped QVC since the beginning and never logged on to the forum until last year.

Don't know (can't know) if that's accurate or not (your assumption about the "vast majority" of QVC customers), but I do know that I made a number of first-time purchase decisions for several Perricone products based on posts here on this thread.

If those posts had been deleted by the moderators, I probably wouldn't be using at least three, maybe four of the Perricone products I now consider part of my ongoing regimen and that I purchase on a regular basis.

As I've said before, I consider this thread a great library of information about the Perricone brand -- and when it's categorically chopped by the Moderators in an aggressive manner (more aggressive than for other brands) it begs the question: WHY?