Not applicable

PERRICONE MD........WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!!!!

Fullerenes, also known as nanoparticles, with an average size of 1/10,000 of a millimeter, have been introduced without any labeling into a growing number of Dr. Perricone's anti-aging products, particularly skin creams. These are touted as reducing wrinkles and firming up the skin surface. Fullerenes have also been introduced, and without labeling, into Dr. Perricone's products including Ceramic Eye Smoother, and sunblocks.

However, the use of nanoparticles in cosmeceuticals poses a generally unrecognized major public health hazard. Nanoparticles readily penetrate skin, and can invade underlying blood vessels and produce distant toxic effects, including brain degenerative disorders and nerve damage.

Super Contributor

Re: PERRICONE MD........WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS!!!!

This is a new concern that the beauty industry try to keep hush hush. Many companies are using these Nano particles. The info on the danger is out there... it just has not been brought to the consumers attention enough. I think in 10-20 years when strange odd brain disorders crop up in US, the "animals" being used for research against our knowledge, then we might wish we had only known about the dangers....

Regular Contributor

On 3/22/2014 chula2014 said:

Fullerenes have also been introduced, and without labeling, into Dr. Perricone's products including Ceramic Eye Smoother, and sunblocks.

However, the use of nanoparticles in cosmeceuticals poses a generally unrecognized major public health hazard. Nanoparticles readily penetrate skin, and can invade underlying blood vessels and produce distant toxic effects, including brain degenerative disorders and nerve damage.

What "ceramic eye smoother"? I've never heard of anything called that in the Perricone line.

Trusted Contributor

Perri. is too much $$$ for my budget.
Frequent Contributor

On 3/22/2014 DualCoasts said:
On 3/22/2014 chula2014 said:

Fullerenes have also been introduced, and without labeling, into Dr. Perricone's products including Ceramic Eye Smoother, and sunblocks.

What "ceramic eye smoother"? I've never heard of anything called that in the Perricone line.

The Perricone Ceramic Eye Smoother has been discontinued for quite awhile.

Regular Contributor

Thanks patf.

I have to admit that I have not read nor attempted to research anything at all about nanoparticles. Just from reading several things via a basic google search has me wanting to know more and I'd like to know which products in the line contain Fullerenes nanoparticles. Not sure if it has been discussed here in the past since they keep deleting major threads in this Perricone section.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, Dr. P. and his loyal minion Dana are among the scariest-strangest of the scary-strange. I'm guessing he keeps his lady-in-black chained up in his basement lab between presentations. I wouldn't put Perricone stuff on my face because I think it's uber-overpriced, profit-generating hooey......not because I'm scared of "nanoparticles" of anything.

Respected Contributor

Odd topic to choose for your first post.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Regular Contributor

I think the OP is quoting this article written by Samuel Epstein, MD four years ago (linked below). He's described as a cancer prevention expert; Prof emeritus at U of IL School of Public Health, Chicago and author of the book Toxic Beauty. I agree with you, JB -- it's an odd topic for the OP's very first post. Even so, I'm glad the subject has been raised. It merits some discussion. As I mentioned earlier I'm just not sure if it's been discussed before and maybe in depth. I just wish the moderator would stop deleting the thread history!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samuel-s-epstein/skin-care-the-unrecognize_b_418900.html

Regular Contributor

This came up in a google search. Published in the Daily Perricone blog Q&A.

Jodie on June 25, 2013 at 6:22 pm said:

What Dr. Perricone products contain nanoparticles?

- See more at: http://www.dailyperricone.com/2009/06/dr-perricone-wants-your-questions/#sthash.5HNSZbvL.dpuf