Honored Contributor

We moved and it's a beautiful day

We are settling in. Still many boxes to unpack and things we cannot "find." But I have to say all in all, the movers did a great job, Comcast's installers were excellent, I have a fast system with more networks at $50 less a month.

Sun just pours into these windows. It's quiet and peaceful, the only wall that attaches our apartment to the building is a fire wall made up of concrete blocks. Otherwise it's like a single floor rancher, three exposures, greenery all around, no one above us.

I think my little daughter is going to get better here. She's still asleep right now with her little poodle mix, Bobby, in her king-sized bed. I am going to go make breakfast. Stress level has taken a dive.

Still loose ends to tie up. My girls are cleaning my old apartment today, and Tuesday I will have to turn in keys, etc., and that's it. I think we are going to be happy here.Smile

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Re: We moved and it's a beautiful day

How wonderful. Congratulations on your new home. I pray for many happy years there! It is a beautiful day here in Jersey. Glad you are experiencing one too.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, Ford! I'm glad the hard part is behind you... I do hope that you and your daughter will be happy there, and she will continue to get better. I love it when the sun shines in the windows-- mine comes in at the back of the house in the mornings, where I usually spend my a.m. time, and then at the end/front in the later afternoon.. it gets perfect sunshine! Sometimes it's amazing what lowering your stress level can do! Smile

Honored Contributor

Very happy for you, Ford. Enjoy the peace and quiet and the quality time you'll have with your daughter.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Congrats Ford! I think both of you will get much better there. Relax, enjoy and grow in your new space. Lost things will be found in time. No hurries and no worries. Blessings to you all and a belly rub for Bobby!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 TaxyLady said:

How wonderful. Congratulations on your new home. I pray for many happy years there! It is a beautiful day here in Jersey. Glad you are experiencing one too.

I am in Jersey, South Jersey!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

(((Ford))), what GREAT news!!! I'm so glad you've got company and your daughter has company now. I'm sure you'll get along famously. Plus the little dog. Take your time unpacking. Just enjoy and soak up all the sunshine!!! GREAT news about the cable too! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations, Ford!

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad to read your post and am happy the move went so well. Best wishes to you and your daughter in your new home!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 kittymomNC said:

Congratulations, Ford! I'm glad the hard part is behind you... I do hope that you and your daughter will be happy there, and she will continue to get better. I love it when the sun shines in the windows-- mine comes in at the back of the house in the mornings, where I usually spend my a.m. time, and then at the end/front in the later afternoon.. it gets perfect sunshine! Sometimes it's amazing what lowering your stress level can do! Smile

Just to see her smile again has warmed my heart. I call her my "little daughter," not because she is the youngest, she is the second oldest . . . but because she's only 5'1", my oldest and youngest are 5'5", and my third daughter is 5'8". I used to be 5-4-1/2", and their father is 5'10". She obviously got the tiny genes from my mom, who was barely 5' tall.

Thank you for your congrats, kitty!

Formerly Ford1224