Valued Contributor

woo hoo -- Virginia Willis is going to be on Q tomorrow with her new cookbook. She is so stinking nice!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Super Contributor

Never heard of her. Is she on the food channel?

Super Contributor

I've never heard of her either. What so fantastic about her? Not being snarky, just curious.

Honored Contributor
I've never heard of her. Do you know her, Donna?
Honored Contributor

i have never heard of her either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Chef Virginia Willis is the author of Bon Appéti, Y'all and Basic to Brilliant, Y'all, Okra: A Savor the South Cookbook, and Grits by Short Stack Editions. The Chicago Tribune praised her as one of "Seven Food Writers You Need to Know." Her legion of fans love her knack for giving classic French cooking a down-home feel and reimagining Southern recipes en Français.

She writes the popular comfort food blog called Down-Home Comfort that celebrates comfort food cooking for Food Network and the Cooking Channel. Her eponymous food blog, tagged as a favorite blog by Saveur magazine, receives rave reviews for her recipes and stories celebrating her Southern heritage and classic French training. She is a contributing editor for Southern Living and her articles have appeared nationally including Food52 and CNN as well as All Recipes, Country Living, Eating Well, Family Fun, and Fine Cooking. As a nationally recognized Southern food and beverage authority she has been featured in the Washington Post and USA Today, and quoted in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.

She is the former TV kitchen director for Martha Stewart Living, Bobby Flay, and Nathalie Dupree. She was the producer of Epicurious on the Discover Channel and Home Plate for Turner Studios. In front of the camera, Virginia has appeared on Food Network's Chopped, Fox Family and Friends, Martha Stewart Living, Paula Deen's Best Dishes, and as a judge on Throwdown with Bobby Flay.

http://virginiawillis.com/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I met her a couple years ago at a foodie event. Parked right next to her. My friend had just said, "Oh I hope we see Virginia Willis." and bam! there she was.

She lives in Atlanta. She used to work with Nathalie Dupree (probably never heard of her either) -- southern cooks!

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2015 Photo Donna said:

I met her a couple years ago at a foodie event. Parked right next to her. My friend had just said, "Oh I hope we see Virginia Willis." and bam! there she was.

She lives in Atlanta. She used to work with Nathalie Dupree (probably never heard of her either) -- southern cooks!

nathalie dupree i have definitely heard of.....she used to have a wonderful cooking show on pbs!

Valued Contributor
On 2/28/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 2/28/2015 Photo Donna said:

nathalie dupree i have definitely heard of.....she used to have a wonderful cooking show on pbs!

She is sweet too -- lives in Charleston now and is very supportive of Virginia.

Honored Contributor

I miss Nathalie Dupree's show. I looked at Virginal's website. Her food looks delicious.