Trusted Contributor

QVC not harping on "guaranteed" delivery by Christmas anymore

What a pleasure. The pace of the presentations overnight has eased up and no longer are the hosts barking about getting that one last gifts, the gift drawer, last minute gifts, etc... and guaranteed delivery by Christmas. A few times they mentioned buying something as a gift and printing out an "IOU" from the QVC website to expect the item.

It seems this year QVC had the notice on the screen up until yesterday that orders placed would be delivered by Christmas. They didn't as in previous years run a banner now that says for an extra $5 you can get delivery by Christmas. I guess not as many people took them up on it.

I watched a kitchen clearance show and it was actually enjoyable for me. Alberti and Courtney were the hosts. They had fun and just did the usual spiel on the products. No desperate pleas for last minute gifts and everything Christmas. I actually was able to relax. Usually at this point desperation has set in and all the hosts are hyper.

What a pleasant surprise. Hopefully there won't be as many people complaining they didn't get their stuff by Christmas if QVC isn't cutting it so short anymore.

HSN has a "guaranteed" Christmas delivery if ordered by credit card and an extra $3.00 per order. I think ShopHQ/EVINE has a similar deal.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC not harping on ""guaranteed"" delivery by Christmas anymore

OP,

I'm glad to hear this. A number of the shopping channels have blown the "guaranteed delivery for Christmas" in the past. Nice to know that QVC has decided to be more considerate of the customer this year. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

kohls really ate it last year by paying for those who didn't receive their orders on time. their facebook page was a cesspool. some seem to not realize the reason for the season and it's not gifts.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

I ordered an item on the 12th. It was shipped on the 16th and was to be delivered within two days. Well, it is not scheduled for delivery until the 23rd. I think that is seven days, not two.. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

BTW, it is a food item.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/21/2014 MaggieToo said:

I ordered an item on the 12th. It was shipped on the 16th and was to be delivered within two days. Well, it is not scheduled for delivery until the 23rd. I think that is seven days, not two.. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

BTW, it is a food item.

Yikes, what kind of food item if you don't mind me asking?

Super Contributor

On 12/21/2014 Deb1010again said:
On 12/21/2014 MaggieToo said:

BTW, it is a food item.

Yikes, what kind of food item if you don't mind me asking?

Landies Candies chocolate covered pretzels. CS said they would still be good, but I was planning for them to be delivered when they said they would be.

I have ordered the KC hams before, but I always went to the UPS facility to pick it up because my house is one of the last on their route. It would sit on the truck for up to 12 hours if I didn't go pick it up.

I don't order any makeup or perishable food items in the summer.. Too darn hot.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago the southern station guaranteed Christmas delivery and had some nice jewelry offerings on the 23rd. I ordered blue topaz earrings for myself. They arrived early in the morning on the 26th.

Well, maybe they considered it early as they never said which YEAR the Christmas delivery was guaranteed for…… Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 HHC1 said:

OP,

I'm glad to hear this. A number of the shopping channels have blown the "guaranteed delivery for Christmas" in the past. Nice to know that QVC has decided to be more considerate of the customer this year. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I agree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

CNN had a story last night about how UPS got slammed with last minute packages, then to add on top of that, there was bad weather, so they couldn't get all the packages delivered by the 25th. In the piece, they said that a lot of people called them to complain about not getting their packages on time. This year, UPS has added more planes to transport all those last minute items.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered a pair of Earth boots yesterday that were guaranteed to be received before Christmas. Since the boots are for me and not a gift, I don't have to have them before Christmas. But will be interesting to see if they show up by 12/24. They have shipped.