Honored Contributor

What's the best theater for a show you have ever been in?

I see some on t.v. that are beautiful, and although we have an interesting one in our town that is a movie house, we don't go there now. It's dark inside, and they have like Doves, and it looks like stars twinkling. There's statues on each side of the stage in little I guess you'd call it, Roman Empire settings. It was great to set and look all around while you waited for the show to start. It was an adventure for us to even visit it.

Do you have a theater you've been to that is a feast for the eyes until the main event takes place?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the best theater for a show you have ever been in?

The old San Francisco Opera house was wonderful. Made you feel that you got all dressed up for a reason. Not may places like that.

Honored Contributor

The Pantages in Toronto. We saw Phantom there several years ago and thought it had an old timey feel.

Super Contributor

The Fox Theatre in St Louis. It is magnificent! When I was a teenager, as a special treat, I was allowed to go to shows there. I no longer live there, but I think it is open only for special events not movies. Not sure about that though.
Honored Contributor

My home theater. Have 110"" screen and 7.2 Dolby Surround Sound System. No theater comes even close! Bragin? Yup!
hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Atlanta's historic Fox Theater, originally built by the Shriners to mimic the temples and mosques of the far east, is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Wow Goodstuff!! That is spectacular.

Super Contributor

The Academy of Music in Philadelphia. It was the home of the Phila. Orchestra, operas and ballets. Now there are concerts, touring Broadway shows as well as classical performances. The Academy has wonderful accoustics.

The theater was featured in the film "Age of Innocence". There were fabulous movie houses in the city, but all are gone now despite efforts to save them.

Valued Contributor

I think someone already mentioned this one, but I love the Academy of Music, Broad Street in downtown Philadelphia. It is home of the Pennsylvania Ballet, Broadway shows, and Opera. I have enjoyed many shows there. I just saw Cinderella a couple of weeks ago. I have to say that we always choose the box seats as the seats in the orchestra seating are not very comfortable. The hall is very beautiful with a huge chandelier and a lot of gold trim. I think the queen of England was there several years ago sporting her diamonds.

OT: Please do not where perfume to the theater. Nothing worse than sitting next to someone and being overcome with sneezing and runny eyes.

Trusted Contributor

The Fox Theater in Detroit is absolutely gorgeous! Detroit gets such a bad rap (and some of it is well deserved), but rarely is it celebrated. For those of you who have never been here, it has some beautiful, amazing places!