Honored Contributor

glucosamine chondroitin question

If you take GC for joint pain. Did it help? If so, how long did you take it before you it began to work?
Respected Contributor

Re: glucosamine chondroitin question

If you're knees are bone on bone, forget it.

Honored Contributor

I would love an answer as well, I just started it this week, 2 pills a day, Puritans Pride Triple Strength.

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 chrystaltree said: If you take GC for joint pain. Did it help? If so, how long did you take it before you it began to work?

It's not a pain reliever. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I take Lessman's. Like most anything else, it has to build up in your system so takes a little while. I have a painful knee and it does help a lot, barely notice my knew now except when I get up after a long sit. I will really know how helpful it is when the very cold weather appears as it does hurt more in cold.

Honored Contributor

Nope, it did nothing for me!

Respected Contributor

I took it years ago and I thought it made my heel spurs worse
Super Contributor

I've heard very good things about Cetyl-M. They have products for both humans and animals. Though I've never had a need to take it, myself, I did use it on my previous dog. It helped him much better than glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM ever did. He was like a puppy again. My husband has been considering taking it for his back, since he knows some people who have had good luck with it. It's worth looking into.

Honored Contributor

Appreciate the responses. Yeah, I know it's not a pain reliever...lol I don't have ostearthritis and I don't have any bone issues but I do have knee pain and stiffness. My new orthopod suggested GC might help rebuild the cartilage which would alleviate the pain and stiffness.

Honored Contributor

On 10/24/2014 chrystaltree said:

Appreciate the responses. Yeah, I know it's not a pain reliever...lol I don't have ostearthritis and I don't have any bone issues but I do have knee pain and stiffness. My new orthopod suggested GC might help rebuild the cartilage which would alleviate the pain and stiffness.

That's right, that is why I am taking it, just in case, and it does relieve pain, otherwise, I wouldn't be taking it.